The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#4298 - 02/23/05 08:02 AM tell us about your children
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm interested in hearing who has children living at home, away at school, married, married with kids, etc.

I'll start. I have a 19 year old son who is away at college. I also have another son (16) and a daughter (17) who are both juniors in high school. They are ten months apart. Our first two children are adopted. I got pregnant while waiting for our daughter to arrive from Korea. [Big Grin]

How about you?

#4300 - 02/22/05 10:50 PM Re: tell us about your children
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Congratulations Speakermom your children are talented like their mom.
Ou son is 23 too and going to the Community College here. He has worked at a Camp since he was 16, been a volunteer fireman since he was 17 and is now lifeguarding at the Y. He is considering other options for next year which may take him away from home.
Maggie

#4301 - 02/22/05 11:52 PM Re: tell us about your children
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Four children.

Chad, real estate and land development. Three beaufitul children and a wonderful wife. Live in AZ

Leisa, back in college and was named Biology Student of the Year (brag). Great husband and three beautiful children.

Brandilyn, Hollywood trained make up artist, 34 and never been married.

Derek, works for Miller Beer, just got engaged and lives in AZ.

#4302 - 02/23/05 01:30 AM Re: tell us about your children
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I have one son. His name is Rain. [Big Grin] He's 7 1/2 years old. He l-o-v-e-s- cars!! He learned to drive when he was 4 years old. (Don't ask) [Mad] We start homeschooling in September. We are jazzed! Can't wait! He's a great kid. Too bad about his mom, though...(I am TOO OLD for this!) (am too, am too, am too!) [Eek!]

#4303 - 02/23/05 02:00 AM Re: tell us about your children
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I have three kids. All grown up and living on their own. My oldest daughter is going to be 24 this year. She's married, no children yet. My second daughter is going to be 22 this year. She's engaged and thinking about a December wedding. My son is going to be 20 this year. He's studying to pass his EMT and is planning on becoming a firefighter. They are the very best thing my ex husband ever gave me besides a divorce.

#4304 - 02/23/05 02:58 AM Re: tell us about your children
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Vicki,

I can second that emotion. Steve and I have 5 kids between us. No one could ever by looking at our family guess whose kid was whose!

Oldest: Rob 35 yrs old, landscape contractor in Alabama. Wife and 4 sons

Next: Brian 34 years old, Captain in the Army, currently serving in Germany with wife and son and daughter.

Next: Craig 31 years old, Navy man and currently serving in San Diego with wife and two daughters.

Next: Heather, 27 years old. Mother of 3, 2 girls and one boy. Currently divorced and living in my home town, dating ex-husband.

Last but not least: Josh, 21 years old, currently serving in the Army Reserves, going to college, working full time, and has a SO and a 3 month old son. He lives about an hour from here.

That's it! Full house huh?

I love them all and would do anything for any one of them, and probably have!!

#4305 - 02/23/05 05:16 AM Re: tell us about your children
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have 2 sons David is 43, married to Wendy and the have 3 children. Jared is 21 and Christy is 20. They are Davids step-children and then they have Jason who's their child together and he is 14. They live here in Vegas in a new lovely home and David works for a large Upholstery firm........Then there is Mark he is 38 and married to a beautiful girl name Cherise, I think!! He and I had a falling out 10 years ago and I haven't seen or heard from them since, so I have no current information....

#4306 - 02/23/05 05:34 AM Re: tell us about your children
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Falling out? So many families have those and they are so sad and useless. I feel for you, Chatty. Have my own falling out with a stepson but do not miss him. I'm sure he misses how I loved and spoiled him or...maybe not.

#4307 - 02/23/05 05:50 AM Re: tell us about your children
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
We have two daughters. Our oldest is 30, single (and looking...hahaha), and lives in her own home about 5 miles from us. She is a reporter for the Arizona Republic daily newspaper (Phoenix metro), and covers City Hall, the Mayor and various related issues important to city development.

Our younger daughter is about to turn 27, and has been married a little over a year to a special agent for the FBI. She lives in Alexandria, Va., and is the press secretary to a US Congressman from Tucson, AZ.

My son-in-law is about to turn 30, graduated from Notre Dame, earned his CPA, then decided after 9/11 to enter the FBI. He graduated first in his training class at the academy and he works in a counter-terrorism unit.

They are all three great young adults (I consider my son-in-law my 3rd kid); I am very proud of all of them and lucky they belong to me!

#4308 - 02/23/05 09:08 AM Re: tell us about your children
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have two all grown and on their own. My daughter, Gina, is 35, married. She and her husband live a few miles from us. They have a big home and a cat. No grandchildren yet, but maybe soon. She's an RN, and a nurse manager. We work together and shop together. She proofs a lot of my writing.

My son, Ralph is 33. He's a carpenter, runs his own business. He now owns the house he grew up in - bought it from his mom a few years ago. Not yet married. Likes to travel and ride his motorcycle.

I have 3 stepchildren. Michelle is 33. She went to school with my son. Scott, is 26, a banker, like his dad. He and his wife, Brenda, are expecting a baby in July. This will be the first grandchild event for us.

Kevin is the youngest. I think he just turned 24. Had a birthday this month. He's single, works for UPS.

They are all good kids and all live near us.

Louisa

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved