The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4225 - 12/31/04 05:22 PM There is a Santa
kira_d Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Well, Santa dug deep in his bag this year and brought me a son-in-law. My daughter announced her engagement over the holidays! To finally see my daughter happy and content this year gives me so much hope for the year to come. I know I'm realitively new to the boards here but girls this is HUGE. I never thought I would live to see the day, let alone actually like the guy. My daughter Kris has been a magnet for the wrong guys for years and finally just gave up fishing all together then along comes Mr. Right. He literally swept her off her feet. It's been so cute to watch and now to know she's about to start a new life with a good man who adores her and my grandaughter. He has brought so much love and laughter into my house that it truly makes me believe there must be a Santa!
It's a very happy time for us.
Kira

#4226 - 12/31/04 05:26 PM Re: There is a Santa
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Congratulations!! I also will welcome a new brother in law that treats my sister like a princess and her kids adore him. Nothing like someone finding a wonderful life partner.

Sherri

#4227 - 12/31/04 07:43 PM Re: There is a Santa
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Kira,
Congratulations to your whole family! I, too, gained a wonderful son-in-law this year, and have agonized many a night over the loneliness of my other single (older) daughter, who also seemed to make many of the wrong choices in men. She is now dating a man that seems to make her happy, and although we haven't met him yet, I pray that this will be HER year for finding that special someone. There is nothing that warms your heart than to know that your children are blessed with love and happiness.

Best wishes to all of you.

#4228 - 12/31/04 09:57 PM Re: There is a Santa
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Finding the right person for ourselves and seeing loved ones find their right person is such a blessing.

I just finished a fun quick read.
he's just NOT that into you, by greg behrendt and liz tuccillo.

It was awesome. Greg is a consultant for Sex and the City and Liz is a writer for the show. I still haven't seen that show though I've heard lots about it.

The subtitle is The No Excuse Truth to Understanding Guys.

Women write Greg and share their dating situations and Greg replies, If that's how he treats you...he's just not that into you... along with a legnthy explanation of why. He's brutal, but very honest. Women are in some of the oddest relationships thinking guys will change.

Liz responds at the end of the chapters and explains to Greg why women stick with guys and how his advice can't always be so cut and dry. Greg humiliates her(she's 41 and still single)but she knows there is truth in his words. She wants to listen to him, but can't.

It's a cute little book jam-packed with wisdom about the opposite sex. I can only think that if our generation of women listened to his advice the divorce rate would be much lower.

Greg can't understand why women settle for second best. After reading his book, neither can I.

I might have to post aboaut this in the book forum, but the happy couples listed above made me think to share here. [Wink]

#4229 - 12/31/04 11:52 PM Re: There is a Santa
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I saw that guy on TV. Couldn't believe some of the women's stories.

Off topic--I have always been an absolutely incurable match maker. When I was single, I always got more fun out of fixing someone up than finding someone for myself. And I always fixed up my girlfriend with guys who wanted to get too serious with me. Sometimes it worked. Most often not.
I have a terrible track record and sometimes folks wind up hating the mate I found for them and me too. But I can't bear to see lonely people wandering around the earth alone when there is someone who might be good for them.

I once fixed up two people in their seventies and they got married--at my house. It was so sweet, I just keep thinking it could happen again.

I keep telling God I could run the world if He would just give me half a chance. I think He's got me in training.
Anyone else a match maker? Dots?
smile

[ December 31, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#4230 - 01/01/05 03:44 AM Re: There is a Santa
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I saw this same guy on TV talking about this book and the woman too, it was hilarious. NOW, that said I will admit I have always been a romantic thinking a woman needed a man to complete her exhistance. WELL the tide has changed, the tables have turned and my thinking if totally different now. To me a man is a womans hell on earth. Yes, there are a few good ones sprinkled amongst the trash but oh so few...I have become an advocate for singlehood and all the peace and tranquility that one enjoys being single. I would be willing to bet that alot more women would be single if it weren't for needing the additional support(cashola) or to be supported totally. Lets face it honestly ladies, think deep, even the good ones aren't a walk in the park unless you can bend 'way over' to accomodate them? [Embarrassed] [Frown] [Big Grin]

#4231 - 01/01/05 05:22 PM Re: There is a Santa
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, I was a match maker when I was younger. I guess I've given up on it as I've gotten older. However, I do see lots of teens coming and going in my home and I'd like to do some match making with them. [Razz] Knowing my limits with my kids...I keep that to myself! [Wink]

Chatty, with age comes wisdom and I think we're learning there are some women who are happier without the unhappy marriage which usually consisted of a selfish man. I tell my kids that you can't be married and be selfish. It doesn't work. Both partners should try to outdo the other with kindness. Those are the best marriages. How many of those have you witnessed?

One of the beauties of being at midlife is realizing that beauty and happiness comes from within (and in my case from a relationship with Jesus Christ). Men aren't the answer.

I wish I had seen the author on television. The book is such a good, quick read and I would think it's an an eye opener for young people because of the way the media promotes sexuality and falling in love so easily today. I highly recommend it. Standards! Whatever happened to them? I might have to bring it up in the Singlehood Forum.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved