The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4193 - 12/13/04 12:33 AM Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Got a sensitive problem with child care that I wasn't expecting [Frown] ...could use some professional advice please! May I email?

#4194 - 12/13/04 01:27 AM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Julie,

I am not a professional-just a Mom with some child care experience.

Feel free to email me if you feel comfortable.

Lynn

#4195 - 12/13/04 09:49 PM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm not a professional. Just a mom, but I'm willing to listen and carefully offer my two cents.

#4196 - 12/14/04 01:33 AM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Julie Offline

Thanks Lynn and Dotsie - thankfully the issue seems to have settled down after I took 2 days off plus the weekend to be at home with my daughter. Hubby had an interview with the childcare provider and sorted out a few issues...the main one being that the family providing the daycare is getting a snake [Roll Eyes] for Christmas and my poor little girl was concerned about it...you can imagine where my mind was racing when she told me "I don't like the snake"...

#4197 - 12/14/04 03:40 AM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
May I still suggest an unscheduled monitoring visit from time to time?

Loved my Day Care Mom to death, still do but I stopped by unannounced just to check. I could never be too sure.

My son is in school now, and we still get together like family on holidays. We were truly blessed.

Lynn

#4198 - 12/14/04 04:11 AM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm not sure what the heck this is about as it was never stated except the snake issue. I would be concerned about my child being anywhere near a snake depending on its size. Even a non-poisonous snake can deliver a nasty bite. When I used child care I made it a point to pop in just to check things out and one afternoon found my son, age 3 and her daughter sitting on the floor of a closet while this bitch watched her soaps. I'm assuming this was a daily practice as my baby was having nightmares and crying. You can never be too sure about some people and this woman was so attractive, neat and recommended by my church. Goes to show you, can't trust anyone just because they seem nice. It's our job as parents to safeguard our kids. I still have never forgiven myself for what he went through. [Frown]

#4199 - 12/14/04 07:33 PM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Julie, I'm with Lynn on the unannounced visits. Absolutely! [Wink]

#4200 - 12/14/04 11:25 PM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
And Julie, if Chatty who loves all animals, says snakes are a bad thing then I say take your daughter and RUN!!
smile

#4201 - 12/14/04 11:56 PM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Unannounced visits is one of the best things to ensure your child's welfare.

My two little ones were very young when I returned to find them both soaked-unchanged all day [Mad] - and with the diaper bag full of clean clothes, diapers and all the necesities. [Roll Eyes] I just couldn't take it any longer and quit ASAP! Her EXCUSE was that they were too quiet and made no fuss at all [Roll Eyes] .

The worst part...This was in the winter and happened a few times, even after I talked to the sitter a few times.

(And mine weren't unannounced visits, just my scheduled pick up time [Eek!] !

Hope all works out for you!

[ December 14, 2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#4202 - 12/20/04 01:08 AM Re: Childcare issue - help please Speakermom!
Julie Offline

We have parted company with this particular child carer.

I gave her a second chance against my better judgement but arrived early to find my daughter had been upset all day - and that callous lady didn't ring me (I could have been there in 5 minutes). I was so angry I put off talking with her until I felt calmer, only to have her arrive at my doorstep at 9pm wanting her money. Once the cheque was in her hand her true colours showed. I am so glad my daughter is removed from her influence - but sorry to have such an ugly ending. Why do people disappoint? Do I expect too much? I am trying hard to forgive the things she said to me.

Thank God for my loving sons who are stepping into the gap this week to help with their sister [Smile]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved