The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36 - 11/29/02 05:51 PM Family Bible Study
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My daughter is dating! She is fifteen and has been dating a nice young boy from her school for a couple months. We were invited to his Wednesday Night Bible Study with his family. Even though it was the night before Thanksgiving, and my mother-in-law moved that day...I still wouldn't miss the opportunity. When I announced to my older son that his sister and I were going to a Bible study together, I am sorry to say that he wanted to know what I did to bribe her. I was happy to tell him that SHE HAD INVITED ME! I love this positive peer pressure!

We ventured out and what we found was very cool. Four families gather for one hour every Wednesday to study the Bible. If it is at your house, someone from your family leads the study. No real food is served...only spiritual food for thought! I have never been in a Bible study with all ages and I will tell you that the kids did chime in...mainly with questions, but very good questions! WE had a very nice time and are considering going again. The things we have to consider are:
-Dad will go, but will the boys?
-Should we go without them? They are part of our family.
-It is about a 30 minutes away and we rarely drive that far for anything...our church is across the street from us.
-Are the people in the study willing to drive 30 minutes to our house?
-It is an every Weds. eve commitment. That works for this winter season, but not the spring.
-Another evening out and away from the home-front.
-What about when the kids "break-up"? (I mean they are only 15. How and will, or should we bow out gracefully? (I've heard about these families who become great friends while their kids are dating, and then how awkward it is when the kids break up and the parents are still friends)
-BUT, what an awesome thing to be able to do with our daughter...even if we leave the guys home!
Anyway...still considering. Will let you know the decision.

#37 - 12/07/02 09:05 PM Re: Family Bible Study
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We have decided to attend,(my husband, daughter, and I). We figure what the heck, at least go while it seems to work for us.

#38 - 12/20/02 01:16 AM Re: Family Bible Study
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We continue to attend. Anyone out there looking for a Bible study should consider a family study, especially if you have young kids. The older they get, the harder it is to get them there...unless your child is dating someone in the group!

#39 - 12/22/02 04:13 PM Re: Family Bible Study
watergirl Offline

I'm glad that you decided to attend...I have been thinking that it sounds really neat. What is the format for the study?

#40 - 12/24/02 04:37 PM Re: Family Bible Study
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The format is simple. We are studying the book of James. Each week we do only a few verses. Whoever hosts, prays at the beginning and then reads a couple verses and we dissect it. It is slow moving in the fact that we are still in the first chapter, but the discussion is great. I am learning lots!

#41 - 01/08/03 08:25 AM Re: Family Bible Study
Linda Offline

It's wonderful to hear that you can go to a bible study with your daughter and her boyfriend. What a neat experience to get to know her thoughts and to refresh your own faith. I hope this experience will be a blessing for you, your husband and daughter.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved