The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4062 - 07/26/04 12:58 PM children leaving the nest...again
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's that time of year again. We're gearing up for our oldest to leave for school in a few weeks and I'm already missing him.

Help...I feel guilty because I'm not taking him to school this year. I'm staying home with the younger two and letting Ross do this alone.

He's living in an apartment this year so there will be furniture to lift, move, carry, etc. and Ross can help with that more easily than I.

My guilt is about not sharing in this event, and not seeing his apartment. I won't be able to picture him in his environment. [Frown] I wish he wasn't so far from home...ten hours! [Frown] It really complicates matters.

Did you ladies take your children to college at the beginning of each year? [Confused]

#4063 - 07/26/04 02:12 PM Re: children leaving the nest...again
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yes I do...but he always finds his way back home...

what?

Dear girl...you have the internet...have Ross take the digital camera and you've got pic's of him in his new, grown up environment. And don't even think about all the girls he's gonna have over for pizza either....teehee...

JJ

#4064 - 07/26/04 02:59 PM Re: children leaving the nest...again
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Dots: I can relate to that. My son will leave for his third yr.of college. I've gone with my husband to take him. This year he will have an apartment. Same issues. He's hoping I can join Dad for the trip- it will include staying overnite a few nights.

I too have 2 younger ones, one of which I hardly see. The youngest, I dont want to leave all alone. So not sure what to do this time. It gets complicated for moms, huh?

But the camera JJ sugested do comes in handy, Dots.

I don't feel that guilty for not being able to see his new environment. I'm more concerned for my youngest.

#4065 - 07/27/04 06:24 PM Re: children leaving the nest...again
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Perfect! I forgot about cameras. Duh! [Big Grin] Great idea! Thanks queeny!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved