The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40384 - 04/23/05 08:17 AM Children's picture book MS format
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have written a series of eighteen children's books, each with its own story line, and cumulatively they tell the story of Jesus.

I have a place to submit them, but don't know how to format the manuscript for a picture book. (I haven't developed the illustrations). I have searched online without help. Does anyone know the proper format?

Thanks.
smile

[ April 23, 2005, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#40385 - 04/23/05 10:52 AM Re: Children's picture book MS format
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
contact Kevin Collier at kevinscottcollier@hotmail.com

He's published a children's book, does illustrations, and is connected a little. Also check with Donna Shepherd writerdonna@donnashepherd.com

#40386 - 04/23/05 06:35 PM Re: Children's picture book MS format
smilinize Offline

Thanks Dian. I'm contacting them now. Anybody know anyone else? Or a website. I'm coming up empty handed.
smile

#40387 - 04/24/05 12:40 AM Re: Children's picture book MS format
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Here are some websites with lots of information about writing for children:

Verla Kay's
Write4Kids

There are also several Yahoo groups you can join! One is called Children's Writers

CW

(This one gets TONS of email - I put it on 'digest.')

and the otherone is Christian Children's Writer's List:

CCWL

Both are chock full of helpful people - especially CCWL.

Hope that helps!

#40388 - 04/24/05 12:59 AM Re: Children's picture book MS format
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, your book project interests me. Tell us more. I'll buy the series for our Book Worm at church. That's the kid's library.

#40389 - 04/24/05 05:28 AM Re: Children's picture book MS format
smilinize Offline

How sweet Dotsie. A little information about the plays is on my website.
This all came about because the woman who arranged the music for my children's plays and puppet shows and her husband are movie producers. (One of their movies is "The Long Ride Home" with Eric Roberts, Earnest Borgnine, Randy Travis, and others I now forget.)
Anyway she thought the plays would be good children's videos and wanted to market them as a package to include the plays for churches, videos for kids, stories for parents to read to kids, and character toys, etc.
Well, they have had the stuff for about 2 yrs now and still haven't come up with enough money for the project so I thought I would take a couple of the stories to an agent I'm supposed to meet with next weekend.
Unfortunately I just looked him up and guess what? He only does sci fi. Oh well, I'm taking it anyway -- if I ever figure out how to get it on the page that is.
If something accidentally got in print or on video Dots, you would get the very first copy for yourself and/or your church. For sure. But don't hold your breath. I still haven't even figured out the correct format.
smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved