The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#39736 - 02/01/05 02:38 AM Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Fellow Boomer Writers! Many of you may remember my posting last Fall regarding my attendance at this event in Waynesboro, VA. It was really a fantastic event and I really had a wonderful time meeting other authors and participating on one of the panel discussions. It was my first book-signing and one I will NEVER forget. My good friend author P.M. Terrell - who is a founder and major organizer of the event - and I shared a table and really got to know each other a lot better.

ANYWAY - she has sent out the first press release to the news media for this year's event and I've "cut and pasted" it below for your info. Anyone who CAN make it SHOULD try. It's a good cause and a great chance to meet some wonderful writers. I've already signed up and I know "The Queen" (JJ) has as well. Hope to see many of you there! [Wink]

NEWS RELEASE

AUTHORS NEEDED FOR BOOK ‘EM 2005
The Book ‘Em Foundation, whose slogan is “Buy a Book and Stop a Crook” has begun plans for the Second Annual Book ‘Em Event, and is actively seeking authors who wish to participate in signings and readings. The event will be held on Saturday and Sunday, October 22-23, 2005 in Waynesboro, Virginia.

The event highlights a partnership between law enforcement and the literary community to bring attention to the connection between high illiteracy rates and high crime rates. Proceeds from the sale of books at the event will be used in increasing literacy, reducing crime, and raising public awareness.

Last year’s event attracted 52 authors from all over the world, representing mystery/suspense, romance, children’s books, nonfiction, historical, and other genres. The keynote speaker was Diane Fanning, who traveled to Virginia from Texas to discuss her book, Into the Water. Dirk Robertson, author of Highland T’ing and Bad Day for a Fat Boy, had the distinction of having traveled the furthest to participate in Book ‘Em, traveling to Virginia from Edinburgh, Scotland. Dirk will also be with us for the 2005 event.

Authors will be provided with tables and chairs at no charge. Instead, The Book ‘Em Foundation is asking that at least 40% of the sale of each book be donated to The Book ‘Em Foundation, who will divide the proceeds between the Shenandoah Valley Reading Council, Friends of the Library of Augusta County, Staunton, and Waynesboro, and Central Shenandoah Crime Stoppers.

If an author is unable to attend but would like to contribute, we are accepting autographed books to be sold at the event. To date, we have received donations from best-selling authors David Baldacci, Brad Meltzer, David Morrell, Dave Pelzer, Jeff Shaara, and Scott Turow. A complete list of donations and attending authors can be viewed at www.bookemfoundation.org, as well as pictures and information from last years event.

Book ‘Em has already received a great deal of publicity, including television shows, radio interviews, and newspaper articles. The exposure could be invaluable to authors and their publishers, whether it is for a back listed book or a new release.

For additional information and to download a registration form, go to www.bookemfoundation.org; telephone Officer Mark Kearney of the Waynesboro Police Department at 540-942-6683 or via email at kearneymp@ci.waynesboro.va.us; or contact author p.m.terrell at patricia@pmterrell.com or by telephone at 804-778-7711.

#39737 - 02/01/05 03:28 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
great opportunity for authors. Wish I could attend.

#39738 - 02/01/05 05:35 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

I wish you could too Vicki! [Frown]

#39739 - 02/01/05 06:53 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
i hope to be retired by then, who knows?

#39740 - 02/01/05 07:16 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Maybe next year when I'm published [Big Grin] .
I'd like to go just to meet you and JJ, Pam.
Have fun!
Sherri what did u mean by retired by then?
chickadee

#39741 - 02/01/05 09:13 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow, I just looked it up and I'm only 4 1/2 hours from there. The chance to meet Miss Pam and Da Queen! I'm going to give this some serious consideration! You just might see me there ladies!

#39742 - 02/01/05 09:14 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Well the more Boomers the better I say! I'd love to see and meet as many of you who can make the trip. I bought several books there myself from fellow authors - nice to chit chat AND get an autograph.....

Anyway ladies - should you think you'd like to attend, you can be there for ONE day or BOTH days....it's a Sat/Sun. event. All the info is available on the website link in the press release posting above!!

[Big Grin]

#39743 - 02/01/05 09:16 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Are you going to be there both days?

#39744 - 02/01/05 11:55 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Chick,

I am waiting on word if I get a voluntary seperation, early retirement, but now today they found something to hit me with, so may not be working anyway! Supposed to know by the end of day, could get a verbal warning, 3 day suspension or be fired. When it rains it pours, we should know if the 16 of us that was denied early retirement by next Weds. Hope I'm still there.

#39745 - 02/02/05 12:06 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
The Book-'Em event sounds like a blast, and it would be great fun to attend. And meet other authors.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved