The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#38320 - 08/31/04 04:59 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Prill,congratulations on your book!

I agree with Dots in that we can relate to late bloomers. This book seems like great encouragement to go after our dream. It's never to late to follow it!

I wish you the best of success with your book! I enjoyed the tips on your website too! Thanks! [Cool]

#38321 - 08/31/04 10:20 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, great to see you. When you get down is just when you need to come running to your friends so we can pick you back up again.

Just remember, life begins at 40. The first 40 years were the foundation for what is yet to come. Believe it and live it!

[Big Grin]

#38322 - 08/31/04 11:31 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I agree with life beginning at 40.....and I never thought I'd say it, but it's pretty darned good at 50 too.....come to think of it, now that I'm actually closer to 60 than 50 I'm hoping THAT's even BETTER! [Eek!]

Don't feel bad about "feeling bad" either Sher..we ALL do once in a while, but it takes a special woman to ADMIT it and an even more special one to be open to receiving help from friends when we need it. Glad you are back. [Wink]

#38323 - 09/01/04 11:48 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't know who thought of the saying "pay it forward," and I saw the movie but its the best, neatest idea I've heard in a very long time. [Wink]

#38324 - 09/01/04 05:33 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi Ladies! I've been in and out of town and unable to check the forum on a regular basis. But now that I'm home again, I wanted to thank "Cher" and "Songbird" for their recent comments about my book. As I said in a previous posting, ya gotta believe! If the '69 Mets could come out of nowhere to win the World Series, anything is possible! My manuscript was rejected by 14 publishers before the 15th bought it. And the 15th didn't just buy it, they begged my agent to sell it to them! I will say, though, that before I even sent the first three chapters to my agent, I had my brilliant niece, who has the most discriminating ear for language on the planet (at least the most discriminating I know) read through the manuscript line by line and give me her critical feedback. She was kind, but brutal--just what I needed. In other words, I used all the help I had available to me to write the best book I could.

#38325 - 09/01/04 05:34 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Prill Offline

Whoops! I spelled "Sher" wrong, didn't I? Sorry about that. [Frown]

#38326 - 09/02/04 07:08 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow! 14 publishers? Girl, you got what it takes then. I would have eaten worms and died by then...

What an inspiration!

JJ

#38327 - 09/01/04 08:23 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Prill, thanks for sharing. For clarification ...those rejections came through your agent?

Did you try submitting to any publishing houses on your own prior to acquiring an agent?

#38328 - 09/01/04 09:39 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Prill Offline

Hi Dotsie! You'll be happy to hear (from a keep-the-faith perspective) that the rejections came through my agent. He thought there'd be a bidding war for the book; instead he received from publishers one "thanks, but no thanks" after another.

#38329 - 09/02/04 10:24 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
JJ and Chatty--
Couldn't let this go without one more post about it.
When my daughter was a LITTLE girl I remember her looking at me while I was getting dressed and saying wistfully "Mommy, when I grow up I want long boobies just like yours!" How is that for a backsided compliment!!!! And I was only in my twenties!! Sob...You gotta love underwires!
CinderPrilla,
Congratulations on your book. I haven't seen your website yet, but I am eager to check it out. Fear has paralyzed me and kept me from achieving so many things. Grrrr! [Mad]
Sher, Sher, Sher!!! [Big Grin]
So happy to see you posting again. Your humor brightens my heart! Sometimes when I come onto the BWS site, I am just looking for a touch of humor and I look for yours and JJ's posts.
Don't you just wish that thin skinned meant weight loss? As in: "Look at that figure! She is so thin skinned and shapely [Wink] ! Wowzingy!"

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved