The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#37582 - 03/29/04 05:32 PM Re: Just published!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki,
I had to chuckle when I saw you "don't post if it's bad." Please forgive for my not posting sooner. I finished the book in bits and pieces because I found it hard to concentrate after the wreck. Thank goodness I was 3/4 the way finished BEFORE the big one. My first thoughts upon reading the last page was this: EVERYONE who has children need to read this book.

Not only was it VERY well written, but the warning signs filtered through out the story could save a life. Your childs.

Although this was fiction, I thought to myself "is it really?" This was so close to real life it was scary.

I know anyone who reads it that has gone through even parts of what took place in this story will think "oh, I wish she had written this sooner."

You've not only written a good book my dear, you have done a great service to parents everywhere.

READ IT! It doesn't matter what age you children are...it's never too late OR more importantly, TOO SOON to read this book.

Yes it's sad and not for anyone who chooses to bury their head in the sand. No wait, that's not true, it's written especially for those that do.

I will recommend this book to all of my friends, you can count on that. Well, quite frankly, I already have.

I would like to know what's next for you Vicki.

JJ

#37583 - 03/30/04 05:39 AM Re: Just published!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
JJ, thank you so much for posting.. I'm relieved that you're back feeling better after the accident.

Your comments blew me away! Your recommendations are priceless. Thank you.

I would love to get this book in front of every parent of teenagers in the whole world. I know it's a book of fiction, but it's such an important message.

I'm going to be speaking to a group of parents of at risk teenagers in a few months. I can't wait!!!

Thank you...thank you....thank you.. [Smile]

As for what's next? I've finished the draft of TRUST IN THE WIND. 21 yr old single parent Joanne can't trust anyone after being deserted by all those who she loved. 40 yr old Roy Bonham pours his whole life into his police career after losing his wife and child in a robbery gone bad. Can these seemingly mismatched couple teach each other how to trust again? Find out how when life turns their world upside down and threatens to take away Joanne's only reason for living.

I've started a new book, a comedy this time, it's working title is WILD EXPECTATIONS. It's about a female alligator trapper who has to deal with a mother who wants her to find a "real" job and settle down and give her grandbabies, the male trappers who don't want her around, people in FL who think the entire state is one big petting zoo, and oh yeah, the alligators. [Smile]

#37585 - 03/30/04 09:57 PM Re: Just published!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

thanks, Speakermom... you're so right.. it's like birthing a baby.. then when it's published.. it's like sending them off to school.. basically they have to make it on their own! [Wink] With a little help from "mom" of course.

I just need to get my book into the right hands.. say a leader of at risk kids... a counselor, someone who can recommend my book to the "powers that be" ... anybody know anybody like that?

#37587 - 03/31/04 03:31 AM Re: Just published!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

hmm... Inever heard of that group.. I'd be more than willing to give them a few free copies to read. I know that giving away free copies now means future sales.

Is there anyone on the board affiliated with FACS? If not, I'll try to figure out who is the right person to target.

thanks for the idea!

#37588 - 03/31/04 05:32 AM Re: Just published!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Just a heads up.. I sent a query to the FL affiliate of FACS and offered to send her my book. I'll let you know what happens.

Keep happy positive thoughts that they want to read it!

#37590 - 03/31/04 05:41 PM Re: Just published!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Might I also suggest that you put together a proposal to certain congressmen and senators in different states around the country?

Bud Cramer, from my fair state, is a wonderful human being, and answers all of his own mail. He started THE CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTERS, which is where I volunteer all of my spare time (what's that?). He might be interested in having your book available at the centers located across the nation. Just a thought.

My very best to you Vicki

JJ

#37591 - 04/01/04 03:37 AM Re: Just published!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Vicki - good luck with getting your book "out there" to at-risk teenagers, and parents of teenagers - its a good book, it could really open up some dialogue...

ok - I confess to being torn - I'd love to lend my copy to some friends with teenagers - but, this is MY AUTOGRAPHED copy.....and they're just not good at returning things....I may never see it again!!!!! [Frown]

Of course........I could give them the name of the book and tell them to order it and then Vicki's sales would increase too [Smile] (sigh) what a dilemma! [Razz] [Razz]

#37592 - 04/02/04 08:54 AM Re: Just published!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

oh EVIE!!

Tell them to order it from Amazon.. [Big Grin]
No need to be torn at all... !!! Recommend my book to everyone you know.. even people you don't know!! [Razz]

Here's the site address:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1594260516/ref=lpr_g_1/102-6802318-2944121?v=glance&s=books

#37593 - 04/06/04 07:02 AM Re: Just published!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Just thought I'd keep ya'll up to date on my progress with NOT WITHOUT ANNA. I gave a woman a Reiki treatment the other day and she said her best friend is exec. dir. for Paramount Studios and said she'd send my book to her for review.

ISN'T THAT TOO COOL? Of course, I gave her a book immediately along with a press kit.

Life has interesting twists and turns.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved