The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3694 - 01/28/03 11:02 PM Role Models
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I recently attended a Youth Rally at my church. I have 3 teens and we are in a bit of a quandry at church because we are short leaders.

Aside from that, there was open discussion between youth, parents, and pastors about what the kids want.

One high school young lady stood up and said that she simply wanted adults from the congregation to COME to their fellowship gatherings.

This confirmed for me something what I continue to read about youth. They want role models, they want adults to talk to them. They want us to share our lives, our experiences, good times, bad times, etc. They want to learn from us and share their lives with us.

I think back to my teens years and I had some pretty cool adults in my life that listened and gently guided. I am focusing more on being that person for today's youth.

It takes a village to raise a child and we are part of that village!

#3695 - 02/17/03 03:03 PM Re: Role Models
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Curious to know what people think about this role model issue and what you are doing to make a difference in the life of our children...not necessarily our own, but the lives of other children..... [Confused]

#3696 - 02/19/03 03:03 AM Re: Role Models
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
for all of my children's lives i have been the mom to tell stories to the kids. i have been honest and told my kd's and their friends stories that fit their age group or what ever fit the conversation or the problem or issue or funtime at hand. the kids used to come and still do and ask me to tell my stories. what it has developed into now is they come to me for advice on any subject because they figue i have a story somewhere in my book of life to help them figure out whatever it is that is going on in theirs. i love it and have helped my own and many other kids as well. talk with yours and every other kid , they do want guidance and attention. they yearn for it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved