The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36688 - 02/04/05 08:35 AM ceramics?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Last week the BWS Local Event women went to Hot Pots. The other women on the committee wanted to do it, but I really didn't. I'm not crafty, but I went with the flow and it was a big hit.

The place is conducive for a good time. They allow you to bring food and drink. All the ceramic pieces line the walls and you pick the piece you want to paint. They have many books of designs, patterns, and ideas. You do 3-5 coats depending on color. You leave your piece and they fire it for you, then go back in a week to pick it up.

My daughter was curious so I took her on Friday night and we hung out for a couple hours. She painted a skateboard for her boyfriend. I did some Valentine heart magnets. No great shakes, but fun and a great way to spend time with my daughter. We're going back.

I just wanted to share in case you have a place near you and haven't checked it out.

It's also a great little business for the woman who owns its. She does birthday parties and Ladie's Night Out. What an awesome way for someone who's an artist to make money. One of the gals working there was painting while she worked. Fun, huh?

#36689 - 02/04/05 08:48 AM Re: ceramics?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Dotsie we have a place like there here in Warrenton and my sister and I have been there several times. My sister had to be dragged there by me because she insisted she had "no creative ability" whatsoever (even though she quilts BEAUTIFULLY).....anyway, she LOVED it and in fact when I came back to pick up the pieces we'd done after they'd been fired in the kiln, the owner said LOTS of people had commented on my sister's vase - so now of course my sister is hooked on the place and INSISTS on going with me whenever she comes here. HAHA.....it's a lot of fun I think. People just have a good time there regardless of artistic ability - it's not unusual to find a Brownie troup, birthday party bunch, Red Hat Society ladies group, or just two people at a table laughing and talking while painting their pottery.

I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

[Big Grin]

#36690 - 02/05/05 01:31 AM Re: ceramics?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pam, I picked up our pieces today and was pleasantly surprised. I actually put the candle holders on the kitchen table and they have candles in them already. One of the magnets is on the fridge already doing it's job. I think we'll be hitting that place again.

#36691 - 02/05/05 02:43 AM Re: ceramics?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
That's GREAT Dotsie....I thought it was really interesting to see how vibrant the colors become in the firing process. It will be fun to be able to tell people that YOU were the artist when they point at your candle holders and magnets!

#36692 - 02/06/05 07:07 AM Re: ceramics?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dotsie,
Sounds like fun and great job!!
Maggie

#36693 - 02/07/05 11:12 PM Re: ceramics?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pam and Maggie, as long as they don't pick them up and look too closely. [Eek!]

#36694 - 02/10/05 07:46 AM Re: ceramics?
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What is a BWS local event? How do Danita and I get one started along with anyone else in the Denver/CO Springs are? Please, Dotsie, tell us more! Also, were you looking for moderators or did I make that up in my own mind during my web site building crisis. I might have thought: Dotsie needs moderators, or maybe I did see a post? Help! I found my site but l lost my mind! Love and Light, Lynn

#36695 - 02/10/05 06:54 PM Re: ceramics?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lynn,

I am waited with "baited breath" to find out the answer about the above!

It would be sooo much fun to have a local event! I'm totally into it!

D.

#36696 - 02/11/05 08:11 AM Re: ceramics?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We started having local events after doing the Race for the Cure as a group of boomer women with our daughters. The women who attended wanted to contunue to get together so a few of us met and planned a couple gatherings. If you go to the home page you can see the button and learn a little more by clicking. I'm adding pictures of the Hot Pots night next week.

MISSION: Our mission is to encourage, connect, and support women while doing social activities for the community and ourselves. Boomer Women Speak welcomes women who are new to the area, recently separated, divorced, or looking for a group of girlfriends to call their own.

My dream is to have chapters around the country. Let me know if you want me to help follow that dream. I'm more than happy to correspond about it. [Wink]

We could easily keep track of the information on the site.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved