The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36644 - 12/03/04 09:30 PM baking?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What is everyone baking during this holiday season?

I'm hoping to make chocolate covered pretzels for my neihgbors. Lots of them! I've only dipped strawberries in chocolate before. Does anyne have a recipe for the pretzels?

There were years that I baked 10 different kinds of cookies. Now people don't want to eat them. Everyone's on a diet. And you know who will eat them if I bake them? ME...and I'm not doing that.

I'm considering making a batch of each of my children's favorites and calling it quits.

If you're interested, I have lots of tried and true cookie recipes. [Wink]

#36645 - 12/03/04 11:48 PM Re: baking?
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Hi Dotsie,

My son and I do pretzels every year. In fact, I just made some a couple of hours ago. Super easy.

I used Almond Bark, both the white and dark kind.

Melt it in the microwave or double boiler, dip your pretzels, shake off excess and lie out on was paper. Lots of times we'll dip in one color and then after they've cooled, drizzle another color over the top. Today I dipped one half of the pretzel while it was still wet in multi-colored sprinkles. They look really cute!

Chase and I are also going to make Oreo lollipops in the same way. Buy the Double Stuff Oreo's, put a lolli stick in the middle and dip in the Almond Bark. He's excited, but I HATE Oreo's so I won't be eating any. (Don't tell JJ. She won't be my friend if she hears I'm slamming her Oreo's.)

#36646 - 12/04/04 03:24 AM Re: baking?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sher you might try dipping the vanilla oreo's, they are really very good... [Big Grin]

#36647 - 12/04/04 03:37 AM Re: baking?
Kristin Offline

Apricot Foldovers

Below is one of the great recipes found in the book Christmas Cookies Are for Giving. The book features 48 other great Christmas cookie recipes with full-color photos, plus baking tips, tips on packaging cookie gifts, tips on shipping cookies, and tips on making Gifts in a Jar.

Mimi Cummins says: "This is another of my Grandma’s unusual but delicious recipes. This cookie with the light and flaky pastry provides the perfect balance of savory and sweet. For the best flavor make sure to use sharp cheddar cheese."

1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
1 cup (250 ml) sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 cup (325 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
1 cup (250 ml) apricot preserves
1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar

Beat the butter and cheese until light and fluffy, then blend in the flour and water until just combined. Chill the dough for 4 to 5 hours.

Pre-heat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the preserves and sugar until the mixture boils and is smooth. Set aside to cool. Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a 10-inch (25 cm) square, cut into 2½-inch (6.5 cm) squares. Put 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the preserves in the center of each square, fold over diagonally and seal the edges with the tines of a fork.

Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for 1 minute then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes about 30 cookies. These cookies should be hand-delivered.

More recipes at www.christmascookiesareforgiving.com

#36648 - 01/03/05 07:51 AM Re: baking?
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
This is something new I had this year.

Take a small pretzel, place a Rolo (the choc covered caramels) on top, place in microware for 15-30 sec., just until it starts to melt. Remove from microwave and immed put a half pecan on top.

These were very good, and how simple is that??

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved