The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36445 - 03/13/04 08:53 AM Scrapbooking
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I am thinking of joining this scrapbooking group that is nearby. Does anyone else do a group like this and have some good or bad stories to share. I like doing the scrapbooking, but I can never make time. I figure if I join a group, then I might get a book done.

#36446 - 03/13/04 05:01 AM Re: Scrapbooking
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Candice,
yes, I am in a stampin club and a scrapbooking class at our college. I like the class. She teaches us something new each week and then we scrapbook the rest of the time. It does help if you have your pictures picked out ahead of time. In the group setting you get to exchange a lot of ideas and what's new in the area. What's new in the scrapbook world. There is so much out there its overwhelming on your own.
Am on my way to stamp club so best go. Wish I could answer all the posts. Someday........ [Big Grin]
Happy Scrapbooking!!!
[Wink] Maggie

#36447 - 03/14/04 02:24 AM Re: Scrapbooking
Maggie Offline

Hello again,

The Stampin Up club works like this. You agree to join the club. Each month or every other month a person hosts the club in her home, church or etc. The members agree to order $25.00 or whatever you come up with. The hostess then receives all the hostess gifts.
The hostess can invite whomever she wants to plus the club members.
There are several of these clubs in our area and each coordinator works hers a little different. I have found them fun and learn a lot.
Sometimes they teach you to make cards and will do one scrapbook page depends on your coordinator.
Maggie

#36448 - 03/17/04 05:37 PM Re: Scrapbooking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Maggie, I love how you take time to do your crafts. I marvel at your creativity. I'd love to see some of your photo albums. I've seen some incredible albums by two women in particular at our church. They went to Scotland and scrapbooked their trip. Looked like something they should have published!

What are you scrapbooking or stamping right now?

#36449 - 03/17/04 05:38 PM Re: Scrapbooking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oops, Candice, any time you can get together with a group of women and do something you should. Sometimes the conversation is more constructive than the activity! [Wink] [Razz]

#36450 - 03/17/04 07:28 PM Re: Scrapbooking
Maggie Offline

Thank you Dotsie, maybe someday I will send you a page from the scrapbook. It is fun and I enjoy it.
My parents left a lot of pictures for me to scrap with so its been fun. I used to ask mom growing up if I could put the pictures in a book. She was always going to get it done. Funny how they came my way anyway as she never had the time.
I am renting space in a small shop so I do have tole painted items and then I am selling rubber stamps and scrapbook items to others.
I stamp a lot of cards, scrapbook pages.
Candice, let me know how the clubs there work.
It may be completely different from the ones here,
Hopefully. Dotsie is right about the getting together just being fun, good conversation and etc. You learn so much more than what you are working on.
For me stamping and scrapbooking are a wonderful combination.
Thanks,
Maggie

#36451 - 03/17/04 09:20 PM Re: Scrapbooking
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ms Maggie,
Since you are so creative, I thought you might enjoy seeing what one good old Southerner cooked up with pics from his growing up years.

Not only are the cards funny, but the captions inside will crack you up! eek! Don't use that word "cracked" around me...oh my aching ribs!

Go to www.thegreetingplace.com If you leave a comment, tell them Queen JawJaw sent ya....they know me now. I've sent them a kazillion lines for the inside of future cards...they haven't bought any of um yet, but they will...who can resist da Queen, am I right?

#36452 - 03/18/04 06:51 PM Re: Scrapbooking
Maggie Offline

JawJaw,
Thanks, those cards are really funny and they should accept your sayings for them. Have you tried any of Trixes for the Paw ones?
When I checked the store finder they have them in one of the Cheese Factories here and I believe I've seen them and read a few. Yes, they (cracked)oops! [Roll Eyes] me up too so I shared them with whoever I was with. They are wonderful scrapbook pages.
Loved your poem in the other post. [Smile] Sounds like you are on the mend. I hope so it was great to see your humor there too.
Thanks,
Maggie

#36453 - 03/19/04 12:27 AM Re: Scrapbooking
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Jaw Jaw, welcome back, [Razz] loved the poem. I just clicked on to the greeting card site, how unique they are. [Big Grin] Great site and I thank you for finding it. [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved