The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#36411 - 02/27/04 08:03 AM Re: what interests you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, you're such an honest writer. I think you have a wonderful life. We just have to get beyond these doctor appointments.

I wish you all the best with moving. I think you'll be glad once it's done. I think raising kids in neighborhoods is so much easier than being out in the middle of nowhere. [Big Grin] I see you as a people person and I think you'll love having women on either side to live your life with.

I continue to pray for your husband's health. Please keep us posted and let us know how we should direct our prayers.

Blessings all around! [Wink]

#36412 - 03/04/04 04:07 AM Re: what interests you?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOW, Queen you have a better sounding museum of treasures than some of the pay to get into places have. I love old collectibles too. I collect old colored bottles and cans. My special built can shelves (all 6) are full. I also collect little crystal, glass statuesques. Everyone gives me one for Christmas now. I also have a collection of M&M statues. My ex live in had those too along with his records. My grandson loves them.

Never gave hobbies a thought since they all seem to become work somehow. Writing was a hobby for years, now my work. I have 6 things out to publishers since Jan.27th, short stories:
When Fantasys Come True;(Erotica)
Murders On Highway 101;(Mystery)
Arnolds Big Problem;(Kids story)
Silent Partner;(About Pregnancy)
A Smile, A Cookie & A Hug;(About My Mom)
Journal of Slave Steven.(Erotica)
Been a busy lady with those and just finished Vanished;(psychological Thriller)
need a publisher for that one yet.
I take in strays and puppys that are in transition from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary to a new home. I have a 4 year old poodle now and a McCaw waiting for adoption approval to their new homes. I have two female Yorkies of my own, Reeta & Rosee. I have a cookbook ready to go and do book reviews for Long Ridge Writers Group. I belong to Henderson Writers Group and find myself addicted to this site lately. I do Curves and swim when weather permits, walk and bike ride. Oh and though I hate housework I do have to clean. I work usually 40 hours on the telephones as a sex goddess, ha ha, and get away with it too. I'm a mother and grandmother and hopefully good friend to my girlfriends.
I love to log onto this site and read all the posts and reply to those I can offer something to. You ladies are just the ticket, and I am proud and happy to be one of you. I answer all emails gladly...... [Wink] Living in Vegas my garden is active all year round. I love fresh veggies...

#36413 - 03/12/04 08:30 AM Re: what interests you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty. are you doing your submissions online or through snail mail?

I'm doing the same now with my query and proposal for boomer women speak. It's a full time job just trying to find an agent or publisher. I have created a query chart of who, when and why I've submitted.

I wish you the best with your submissions. Keep us posted. [Wink]

#36414 - 06/13/05 08:46 AM Re: what interests you?
mic Offline

Loc: rural
Ok ladies my name is Mary.

Thought I would jump right in.

I live in rural Oregon. I have been married 35 years to the same loving man, have three grown children and 5 grandchildren ages 6 mo. - 12 years.

I love to take photos, birdwatch and plant things outdoors (have an indoor brown thumb) and last but not least I love music.
I used to write poetry a good way of expressing oneself but now I just mouth off another good way to express oneself. I would blame it on menopause but I believe it's just my true nature finally.

I hate cleaning house or cleaning anything for that matter so I do it as quickly as possible!!

I love diversity have tried many different interests on my path to somewhere and hopefully have settled into a few good hobbies.

I have a bible don't read it often enough. Do pray occasionally and go to church. By the way I wear jeans to church but of course you can get by with that in rural America.

God Bless

#36415 - 06/13/05 09:26 AM Re: what interests you?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Mary, it's nice to get to know you. I love Oregon where you can live between the mountains and the ocean. I also noticed that as I mature I am more willing and able to express my opinions. I used to find cleaning house therapeutic but now I need massage therapy to counteract the aches and pains of cleaning house! I too tried several different hobbies in a seeking stage in my thirties. Prior to that I was too much of a perfectionist to attempt anything that I knew I couldn't do perfectly from the start. Housecleaning was all I could do perfectly. In my forties, I went to $15.00 classes at Michaels Arts and Crafts and tried floral arrangements, painting, gift basket arranging, drawing. I liked it all. I settled on watercolor painting. I also love to garden, and am best at container gardening and indoor plants. I was raised Catholic and now I go to another church where many wear jeans, but I still like to dress up. Love and Light, Lynn

#36416 - 06/14/05 07:41 AM Re: what interests you?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Here's another side of the horse riding story...

*shock absorbers - a *good* rider brings their own...usually attached.

*e-mail from a horse...cell phones now have that option.

*serious flatulence problems...oh my...this is an *easy* one...when experiencing said problems, one can *always* blame it on the horse...can't do "that" in a car!

*stepping on human's toes...for pity's sake...keep your toes out from under the horses' hoof or you can always walk. who's the human here?

*when you ride cars...you only see pavement and billboards; when you ride horses...you see God's country.

Hey Smile...all in fun ; blessings on you!

#36417 - 06/13/05 08:20 PM Re: what interests you?
Princess Lenora Offline

Ah, yes. I love to see the world from on a horse. I experienced heaven on earth in the prairies of Missouri while riding last summer. LLL

#36418 - 06/14/05 06:54 PM Re: what interests you?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I just finished posting about horses in another post and now I come across this one.
I have a fear of horses...and moose, but thats another story.
I don't mind riding behing a horse. I am very afraid of being in front of one unless it is fenced in. I don't like their teeth. [Roll Eyes] I would jump out of a plane, but I haven't been on horseback. I feel it is too high and unstable.
Funny huh?

Maybe I need to try it out?

Neigh.

chick

#36419 - 06/15/05 07:41 AM Re: what interests you?
Princess Lenora Offline

Chick, funny, the neigh! Have you jumped out of a plane?

#36420 - 06/15/05 04:00 AM Re: what interests you?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
No but I want to and plan to. My brother did and I was sooo excited for him. I think it would be the most exciting thrill, just thinking about it makes my heart rate soar. Other half and his sons chickened out when I asked them to go. Any of you ladies ever jumped?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
chick

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved