The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#36391 - 02/21/04 02:26 AM Re: what interests you?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
MB, I think it was you who said you enjoyed puzzles...try www.jigzone.com . LOTS of FUN!

#36392 - 02/21/04 04:02 AM Re: what interests you?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
What an ejiit! I answered everything but the question asked! What I do for fun is read...mysteries mainly. I try to read 5 chapters of the Bible every day but don't really. I usually manage 4 or 5 days a week. One of my favorite memories is watching Mom and Daddy read their Bible. Dad reads 5 chapters every day, beginning Jan 1 and he's finished sometime in November. He's done that for 40+ years now. Mom is more of a Bible student, she takes classes, etc.

I also ride my horses and neighbors are kind to let me ride in their pastures. Between neighbors and national forest that's about 50,000 acres.

Y'all want to come here for a convention? I've plenty of room and quilts and you're welcome. There's a candle lit in the window to guide your way.

#36393 - 02/21/04 06:35 PM Re: what interests you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thistle, what a wonderful way to recall your parents spending their time. I was raised Catholic and my parents didn't read the Bible. Bible reading was sparse with Catholics back then. At least among the Catholics I knew. [Frown]

#36394 - 02/22/04 09:24 AM Re: what interests you?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Sandra,

When you first came into the forum, I thought "What a neat place! I'd love to have our convention there!" ... but of couldn't I couldn't invite us until you did! [Wink]

#36395 - 02/22/04 06:52 PM Re: what interests you?
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Wow! This site is filled with interesting, talented women. Amazing, really.

I also love antiques but I'm trying to stay away from buying any more. I like anything with horses and have western and English riding pictures & knick knacks everywhere in my house. I also have old furniture and tools that belonged to grandparents and my parents. I like the history of old things, the connection to family and the past.

I'm jealous of Sandra's riding area. I'm on 9 acres. I also ride in a neighbor's woods but it's not much space and not very good footing. Plus, with 2 inseparable horses, it's tough to go out on my own and I'm always struggling on finding a way to ride without getting injured. [Eek!] A flat, fenced in arena with soft sand (instead of clay) would be nice.

Julie, I also love to sing and play flute and piano but it's tough to find the time. Unfortunately, my church doesn't have a choir because I'd love to sing in one. [Embarrassed] They have soloists every Sunday, really good ones with their own CDs.

I'm trying to write a book and get some short stories published to build up my confidence. I like writing but hate the business part of it, like submitting stuff.

I love to read, but have a hard time sticking to one book at a time. I usually have 5 books I'm reading at once and don't finish any of them before I find another book I want to read. What's that all about? Hmmm...I kind of have a hard time sticking to and finishing anything. [Frown]

My son goes to an arts high school 35 miles away and lives on campus so I only see him on weekends. I love reading the things he writes and seeing what his imagination puts into his paintings. We have a similar sense of humor and I enjoy our conversations and the resulting laughter.

Meredith, I'm with you on the migraine madness. If you find anything that works, let me know. I would love to get back all the time I spend in bed with an ice pack on my head. I would also like to know how you manage to lift weights without straining something. I broke my right collar bone and wrist 14 months ago (a result of falling off a horse onto frozen ground). The bones are healed but now everything aches, especially my elbow at the moment. I use really light weights with a lot of repetition but have had to stop for now. It's discouraging as I'm trying to build up my bones.

Oops, this is suppose to be about hobbies, not ailments. Sorry.

I like web development and design (although I'm an amateur). I like editing photos and trying to make things look cool and interesting.

I long to spend more time with friends, of which I have few. I don't know if it's a time and location problem or if I'm just not much fun. Sigh... It's much easier for me to write than it is for me to talk, at least until I've been around someone for a long time. I have a hard time approaching people, thus I don't know any of my neighbors. I'm trying to find a writer's group that is in my neck of the woods, or something like that, to meet like-minded peoples.

Okay, that's enough already.

#36396 - 02/23/04 12:19 AM Re: what interests you?
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
And one more thing... Sorry, but I forgot to mention where I spend most my time because it's not something I enjoy, it's just reality. I'm one of those people you've probably said a few choice words about in your lifetime. I create instruction manuals. However, I mainly write on how to operate and service industrial plural component paint spray equipment so you probably haven't read any of my work. [Razz]

#36397 - 02/23/04 12:54 AM Re: what interests you?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Dear Agate/Mary
You wrote:
It's much easier for me to write than it is for me to talk, at least until I've been around someone for a long time

...I understand exactly. Just how I feel. No wonder I like email so much! I need time to thaw out with people and know what I can say to them. I've been trying to "outgrow" this for 43 years but am still working on it! :-) Actually I think it is just innate - have you read a book by Elaine Aaron or seen her website http://www.hsperson.com/ ? The things she says about personality types resonnated with me.

Interesting that we both love music...I am missing that part of my life at the moment, haven't had time for it for a while.

By the way, I need some help with some writing research.... being a city dweller, I need some help in describing the sounds and smells of horses (Seriously!)...any help much appreciated.

#36398 - 02/23/04 04:33 AM Re: what interests you?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Julie, I can't help with the horse descriptions. Rode them every day as a kid and hated it. Blotted it form my brain.

However, I did read the HSP site and thought someone might want to see some recent research on the subject of shyness.

http://www.azcentral.com/health/kids/articles/0620shykids-ON.html

smile

#36399 - 02/23/04 04:58 AM Re: what interests you?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Agate, I have 5 different prescription drugs for my migraines, because when one doesn't work I go on to the next... I recently had two months of weekly accupuncture, and got no results. Physical therapy, heat pads, feverfew, ice, oils, guided imagery: nada. I just finished another 3-day doozie, two of which were spent puking. I wish I had a cure, because I waste way too much time being incapacitated.

As far as injuries, I recently pulled out my shoulder while weight lifting, my first gym injury in at least 10 years. I'm very careful about correct form and listening to my body. Unfortunately, this was my weak side where I had all my surgery, lymph nodes removed and nerves cut through. Since I can't feel much on that side, I probably missed any signals my body may have been sending. The pain was bad but nothing compared to a migraine [Frown] It's about 5 weeks now and I'm still not doing upper body lifting, because I can tell it's not healed.

#36400 - 02/23/04 05:46 AM Re: what interests you?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
You two with the migraines. Have you considered talking to your dentist? I have heard there are some dentists who can help with this.
Thanks for the sites on shy and hsp people. A lot of stuff there makes sense now. I can remember being told don't be so sensitive and yet now who do they call on to heal a person or group the highly sensitive person.
Maggie

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved