The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36336 - 09/14/03 04:42 PM Ghosts
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Anyone in here ever had an encounter with a Ghost? A spirit? An angel? Something that went bump in the night? Just curious. I have always struggled with whether or not I believe in Ghost or spirits. However I know there are things that cannot be explained away. For instance, when my Grandfather died, every clock in his home (several grandfather/grandmother clocks) stopped at the exact hour he passed away. When my children's great-grandfather(at the time) passed away, my son who is now 29 told me (he was about 4 when this happened) that he saw men in gold and purple robes around his coffin. He said he asked his Daddy who those men in the purple robes were and his Daddy just said "shhhh." He describe them to me and has never forgotten [Eek!] them. Gives me the heebie jeebies! ha!

#36337 - 09/14/03 05:28 PM Re: Ghosts
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Ah, a topic near and dear to my heart!!

When I was a small child, my room was at the top of the stairs and it was small, too. My parents were across the hall and my grandparents were next to me, but I would have had to get up and go to them if anything were to bother me. I used to hear a very deep male voice calling my name, and it never used Micki, always Michele. I would do the old blanket dive and put my fingers in my ears. After a while it stopped talking to me. Eventually I shyly told my grandfather about it and he asked me if I had ever answered it. I said no and he told me that it had stopped calling me because I had ignored it. I told him I was afraid and he said that nothing in that realm was ever going to hurt me--it was the beings in THIS world that I needed to watch out for. He also told me that when he passed away, if there were a way to let us kmow that he was OK, he would do it. I waited for that and, lo and behold, it happened. I went to a new job, where NOBODY knew me at all. It was my very first day on the job and I didnlt know anyone. One of the secretaries was talking on the telephone about going to a psychic in Lansdowne, near where I lived. I overheard her and told her I could give her directions. She asked me to go with her and she would pay for a session for me to thank me. I said I would take her, but didn't really think I wanted to have a session. When we got there, the girl went in and did her session. The psychic came out afterward and called me in. She did a reading (among other things she said I would never have kids (which I did not), my husband would die before I (which he did), and a few other things). Before she started she had told me when she was finished I could ask 5 questions and she would try to get the answers. After the reading, I said, "Someone close to me has died and I want to know.....". Before I could get another squeak out, she said, and I quote: "Your grandfather says to tell you that he is fine and with your grandmother. They will always be around you and will be waiting for you when it is your time to go to the next plane of existence." Gramps was a big believer in the after-life. He was a wonderful, weird man that everyone loved and respected. He taught me so many things, and then he showed me that there is an after-life.

I also watched my mother "talk" to her parents before she died, and Tim to his mother and others. Yes, I believe in spirits. Not ghosts...spirits. Ghosts are those horrible things in horror movies. Spirits are angels and archangels and all the company of Heaven, and the spirits of those that have gone before. I know that Tim and Gramps and Mom and Grandmom and all the others are up there at our "shore", having a blast. They are waiting and watching for me and mine, and we will all be together again there. I believe in that. I couldn't stand it if I did not. I refuse to believe that there is just an end. Your life goes on in another plane of existence, one where there is no pain or suffering. That is my firm belief.

#36338 - 09/29/03 05:06 PM Re: Ghosts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yep, I've had many encounters with ghost and spirit phenomena. In fact, I wrote a book about it! It's not in print right now (I'm hoping to get it back into print with a new publisher soon)but I can send you an electronic copy (eBook) if you like. E-mail me privately (and remind me that I offered it to you -- my brain loses track of things so easily!)

#36339 - 10/03/03 04:10 AM Re: Ghosts
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
My husband and I renovated a 100 year old house when we were in our twenties. Before the spread of suburbia, it had been the home of a large family, surrounded by orchards and farming.
The first day of moving in I walked around the house praying and asking for God's blessing of each room. I never felt uneasy living there, although I was often alone at night when my husband was working. When it came time to get the electrical wiring redone, the electrician inspected under the house and claimed to sense all sorts of spiritual presences and would not take the job. Maybe it was just an excuse - didn't want the job? But I thought he displayed real fear.
A few years later when my son was little he claimed to have seen a very large pure white spider (quite impossible) walking down the hall. Was he dreaming? I always told him so, but he remains unconvinced. I always felt totally secure in God's protection - and I think that is the difference - there is no need to fear anything if the maker of the universe has you in his hand. After seven happy years there, we sold the house, not because of any of this but because of the local criminal element (but that's another story.)

#36340 - 10/03/03 05:16 AM Re: Ghosts
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

J,
Great story and I couldn't agree with you more. Faith in God is stronger than any old spirit and it offers us all calmness and peace in the face of any thing...even a ghost.

#36341 - 11/03/03 09:06 PM Re: Ghosts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lil, how are the sales of your book about ghosts going?

Also, what do they do to promote your book for you? Just wondering... [Smile]

#36342 - 12/07/03 01:32 AM Re: Ghosts
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
Wow!! this was an interesting topic. This is the second time today that I've read about spiritual topics. I believe in all kinds of spirits; good and evil. Unfortunately what I've experienced was an evil spirit. It was a very scarey experience. An experience that I have never forgotten and still to this day have not gotten over. I'm having to here lately deal with this episode in my life. I've been trying very hard to write about this experience but its been very difficult cause its an emotional thing that I can't seem to get through. But I believe in spiritual warfare between good and evil around us. Our faith and belief in God helps us to fight the evil in our lives. This is where I am having trouble. I fell in my faith at that time feel that I have really let God down. I know God forgives but I'm having trouble forgiving myself. I will get there cause this topic keeps coming up to remind me of that turning point in my life. I do believe God wants me to deal with this soon.

#36343 - 12/08/03 07:29 PM Re: Ghosts
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
All of these stories are fascinating. If posible, I would like to hear the outcome of your story smilinize. Maybe one day you can share with us.

I have had many expereinces with spirits and firmly believe in the afterlife and the ability for a spirit that has pased on to "connect" with us.

It is very easy to convince ourselves of coincidences when if given the chance, we would see the real communication.

When I lived aboard ship, the crew knew we had a spirit or two living aboard. Nothing else explained for us, the reason we woke out of a sound sleep and would go look at a part of the ship or rigging and see something that needed immediate attention, or disaster would strike. This happended maybe 15-20 times in 10 years to about 6 different people.

One evening, after docking I went below to get an armload of beer for the rest of the crew to savor while watching the sun set and our evening meal to be complete. When I had my head in the ice chest, about 41/2 feet high, my feet were just off the sole of the cabin. I instantly stood up and looked to the starboard side and in the entryway to the nearest bunk was a man dressed in late forties early 50's attire. He was dressed Up for being shipboard. He appeared to have black skin and was sort of smiling but not overtly. My heart quickened, I wanted to speak, but glanced away and he was gone when I looked back.

I flew up the companionway to the deck and in an animated way, described the encounter with the rest of the crew. They were interested and we began some research of who it might have been.

Months pased and another crew member reported a similiar siting. The quest continued. The son of the original captain of the ship, provided some photos of the old working days of the ship and there he was!.

Captain Steadman recalled his father telling him that "Skinner" (my ghost) had worked onboard from 1939 to 1952 when he was killed onboard. He got caught in the cable gear while working and it killed him.

The same photo was given to the second crew that witnessed him and he confirmed the siting. We then went on to learn as much as possible about the older crew.

About four years ago, the ship had a reunion of all the old crew that were still alive. We attended and had a blast of course. The oldest crewman still alive is about 79. Jack wa the first mate for a number of years while the ship layed undersea telegraph cable.

My goodness, I went on and on. So sorry. This topic of spirits is wonderful and would be interested in others experiences. Thanks for listening. [Smile]

#36344 - 12/08/03 09:52 PM Re: Ghosts
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

how cool Lynn! I loved it. More! More!

#36345 - 12/09/03 05:15 AM Re: Ghosts
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have several stories but I'll start with this one. When I was in my early 20s and destitute, two friends and I squatted in an old house that was condemned and going to be torn down the following spring. Because we had no front door locks (and were too poor to buy the hardware), we each put a lock on our bedroom door. One day I came home, unlocked my bedroom, and the entire contents were strewn all over! There is no way anyone else could've gotten inside. Nothing was stolen. Since there had been inexplicably misplaced items in the house, all 3 of us had "felt" ghosts before and heard unexplainable noises, I just assumed it was the ghosts. The next day I put a note on my door:
"Dear Ghosts,
We don't mean to bother you but we are very poor and have nowhere else to live. We don't mind that you're here, but you make me sad when you mess up my room like this. I mean you no harm, and it would be greatly appreciated if you wouldn't mess things up again."

We still heard noises after that, but nothing in the house was "moved" again. And a visiting friend saw an apparition of himself fallng down the stairway, and would not come back. But I was not afraid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved