The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#35241 - 09/04/04 09:37 PM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
my favorite old movies happen to be John Wayne movies. I can pop them in the DVD player any time day or night when I'm in the mood for a pick me up or when I just need to relax.

McClintock - can't beat a good chase scene through town
Hatari - I love all the baby elephants!!

#35242 - 10/20/04 02:54 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Elsielc Offline

Loc: Orange County, CA
Gone With the Wind...all time favorite.
Bette Davis movies...Dead Ringer is great...love those with a twist. Jezebel, DArk Victory, Now Voyager - and that one with Joan Crawford,,can't remember title.

For TV - I'm a TVland addict with the old Leave It to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke....

#35243 - 10/20/04 06:15 PM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh boy, another Gone With The Winder. [Eek!] I'm sunk. [Razz] I've never watched it from beginning to end, and the queen thinks I should be beheaded or something!

#35244 - 10/20/04 06:55 PM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I gotta go with "It's a Wonderful Life"
it's my all time favorite movie.

#35245 - 10/21/04 08:34 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dotsie, there are at least 2 of us NOT GWTW folks here: you never watched it, and I'm sorry I did...

#35246 - 04/13/06 09:38 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
chowhuahua Offline

Loc: Dallas
Never been a huge GWTW fan...

I love Mr. Roberts
Quiet Man
Sabrina (the original one)
African Queen
The Cowboys

#35247 - 04/14/06 12:23 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nice to see this pop back up again.

I like the John Wayne movies, but something a bit more contemporary is still my favorite as well, Steel Magnolias. Good movie. I love Wizard of Oz and try to watch it at least once a year.

My husband loves The Princess Bride. I can't watch it as often as he does, but it's a good story.

Another more contemporary movie I like to watch on a regular basis is Working Girl. I love the Carly Simon tune that plays.

#35248 - 04/14/06 12:37 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I thought Gone With The Wind was overrated and dull and so fake. Loved Rett Butler though. I like when Carol Burnett walks down the stairs in that curtain rod and drape as a dress, supposedly being Scarlett O'Hara. Funniest thing I have ever seen....

On TV the other night they showed Dolly, Jane and Lilly celebrating the 20th anniversary of the movie Nine To Five....how time flys!

[ April 13, 2006, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#35249 - 04/14/06 02:51 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Anthing Cary Grant, Rock Hudson and Doris Day.

Mr. Blandings Builds His dream House, Pillow Talk, Cheaper by the Dozen, Bringing up Baby, Arsnic and Old Lace, The one where Doris was marooned on an island and returns the day before Rock Husdon was to remarry--can't remember the name....Also anything Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn.

Also loved an old black and white movie called Mrs. Mineva or Mrs. Mineva's Rose. Has anyone seen it?

There was also one and I can't remember who was in it or the title, but the gal's feet curled every time this fella kissed her--but her feet didn't curl when she kissed her fiance'. A family member told her that all the women in their family's toes curled right out of their shoes when they kissed the right man. Of course she didn't like this guy and there was a whole comedy plot around getting the two of them together. I can't remember the title--anybody remember it?

#35250 - 04/14/06 04:44 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I love the old Film Noir genre from the 40's. The characters were always dressed up and they didn't use sex and violence to make up for a bad story. I love Lauren Bacall and Bogey, with their quick-witted wise cracks. I was named after a 40's movie, "Laura", and it wasn't a bad movie either. I also like the Alfred Hitchcock movies.

Daisygirl

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved