The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#35038 - 04/13/08 08:35 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: Old Knitter]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Does anyone still drag outside their bed mattress's to air them out in the fresh sunshine? I remember my grandmother doing this every Spring and Fall.

#35039 - 04/13/08 09:49 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: Cookie]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Good grief, no! It weighs so much, we could never get it out there. Plus we live in a condo. We turn it every so often and sometimes we take the bedding off and open the windows to air it a bit. That's about all you can do with a heavy queen size mattress.

#35040 - 04/14/08 02:26 AM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, my goodness Cookie I don't think we could get that queen size bed down the the all my hubby and I without falling down the stair first, and then rolling over and over . I Have already pulled muscles in my back from lifting some rocks for the border for our garden .

I remember mother would hand the blankets and pillow out the window to air in the Spring , but know one does that here anymore at least around my neighborhood . Isn't that a thing of the past now ?. Like beating your carpet on the clothes line .

I do air out the bedroom when I clean in their and with the bedding .

Renee

#35041 - 04/14/08 06:50 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: Sadie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
We bought a new mattress about 2 weeks ago so it's due for the first rotation. Renee, I'm not dragging mine down the hall and stairs, either! It weighs over 100 lbs.

Poet and essayist

#35042 - 04/14/08 10:41 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Who says the mattress's have to be rotated anyway? Who made up that rule? I never rotate my King or Queen size mattress's and they are as solid and comfy as ever. I never remember my mother/father rotating our mattress's when growing up...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#35043 - 04/14/08 11:51 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: Sherri]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
After the Spring WINDS, we are so sick and can't think about cleaning! But we did a great thorough job BEFORE the winds when the kids were coming for that week. I told DH that now we only have ONE layer of crud, not three!!

Yep, spring clothes will come out soon. And, when we were all kids at home, each season Mom moved furniture around, change bedspreads/curtains etc. I still do that today.

I love those times of year!! Memories of Mom are so endearing.

#35044 - 04/15/08 12:10 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: Di]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
We're in a king sized bed and I'd hate to think of dragging it down the hall and out the door! We just open the windows and let it air occasionally. We do, however, flip and rotate it about 4 times a year. I love the changing of the seasons especially when Spring comes....I tend to get the cleaning bug but due to such a hectic schedule I've been doing the cleaning, a corner at a time.

#35045 - 04/16/08 06:31 AM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
El Hub cleaned out the entire refrigerator today and no one even asked him. I think I'm going to faint.

Poet and essayist

#35046 - 04/16/08 10:31 PM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I guess there really is good in everyone. Bless his El Hubbo heart!!! LOL...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#35047 - 04/17/08 12:43 AM Re: spring cleaning? [Re: chatty lady]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Meredith,
We always turned our mattress , but this new one we don't have to turn over , but could reverse the headboard part . I think that is wondeful you hubby clean the fridge out , wish my hubbo would do that . This side by side is easy to clean and doesn't take much time though and have to do that again . Well with his back surgery I don't think he can do that now even if he tried .

Ladyjane we open the window and air the rooms out even in winter when I clean the rooms . and vacum everything . I have some dried Lavender that I use to put in my dryer for clothes and after so many times I use it to refresh the carpet on the floor it is suppose to be good for moths .

No carpet beetles this year.

Renee

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved