The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#35013 - 03/05/06 07:25 PM "After the baby" advice
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right place,so Mods please feel free to move.

Since my SD has had the baby about a month ago, I've felt "removed" and not much in common with her. We've had a great relationship for the past 10 years, but since she is a new Mom, I have no input to offer.

So, a friend suggested that I encourage her on "woman, after the baby" stuff,but I have no clue as to what needs to be done,thought about or said.

May I ask all mothers out there what they would suggest to a new mother, OTHER than baby info and advice, what things to do/say/be as a WOMAN and WIFE, outside of being a mother.

I will covet all replies and comple them in a list/note to her. I will also send her a new recipe.

Thanks!

#35014 - 03/05/06 09:38 PM Re: "After the baby" advice
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Di, I needed a friend to go walking / excercising with. I also wanted to have a day out to buy a whole new head to toe un maternity clothing. I also needed someone to do lunch on occassion a talk "other things" but I am afraid baby may pop up in the topic on occassion.

chick

#35015 - 03/07/06 11:37 AM Re: "After the baby" advice
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
my DIL appreciated a gift cert. for manicure and pedicure to be used when she was ready - she thoroughly enjoyed it when the time was right for her.

#35016 - 03/07/06 06:29 PM Re: "After the baby" advice
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Thanks, gals. I can maybe make her up a "spa" gift pack of my own products! I use natural sea sponge and fun leg-shaving soap.

Any more advice out there??

#35017 - 03/11/06 05:28 PM Re: "After the baby" advice
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
Di, I dont know if this comes to late or not, I operate a company called Clone me. After much thought and several months of trial and error, I am focusing my services to new moms, So as a 'new moms personal assistant' I will be focusing my attention on new moms and their care and well being.

So I am offering things such as respite care for moms, running errands, shopping,things that take a new mom away from her little one. Even just a day of babysitting while she gets out to be with her other friends.

If they are work at home moms , be an inhome nanny so they can focus on their business.

I even design biz cards, flyers, letterheads or just type documents anything that can take you away from your new little one.

I can even just sit and have a cup of tea r coffee with you and listening to your concerns.

Well thats what i think I will be doing, because when I was a new mom as with being sexually abused and feeling alone, I wish someone was there.

Btw Hi everyone. Sorry its been so long. So Di, maybe you can find someone in your area that can or does offer something like that. Might be worth a try.

Debi

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved