The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#34783 - 06/08/06 07:19 AM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I was asked to check out a website that offers a job to do surveys. How do I check out if it is ligit. Sherri, didn't you do suveys at one time. Anyone know the website address to check for scams in this case?
chick

#34784 - 06/08/06 07:59 AM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Chick, I still do on-line surveys. I find they don't bring in enough to make a living, but every now and then it is nice to get a check in the mail for a few dollars. I can refer you to the survey companies I use if you want to send me your e-mail.

More than happy to do that. Just today I was asked to participate in a survey and qualified to test an air purifier in my home. Lots of points for that, and they have a good redemption record as well. Another place to earn points and I have earned plenty, is MyPoints.com. There are many ways to earn here and I have always been paid promptly when I redeem my points. I have earned several $50 gift certificates from target, walmart, and kmart. Just as good as cash, and I had one to use before my husband started getting his temp disablility check.

Hope this helps.

#34785 - 06/07/06 08:07 PM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thank you Sherri, I PM'd you.
chick

#34786 - 06/07/06 08:44 PM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I did the Mystery Shopper thing for a little while. It's not enough money to keep you going, but if you have time and like to eat out, it's kind of nice.

For example, I did a shop at a gas station and got paid $12. However, I spent about 1/2 hour before I went reviewing the survey, then 20 minutes at the station, then another 30 minutes completing the online forms for the company. So I spent about 1.5 hours for just $12. But I needed the gas, so it was a place I was going anyway.

I did a New Car shop one day where you do four dealers. It paid $100. But I spent a lot of time preparing, spent most of the day visiting the dealers, spent money on gas getting to them all, and then had to spend about 2 hours later completing all the forms.

Again, if you have lots of time and aren't looking to get rich, it is interesting. It was fun to sit in all those luxury cars! But I gave it up to pursue other more lucrative things.

Kathy

#34787 - 06/09/06 07:45 AM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Sorry JJ never got the PM, I'm here! What did you need dear?

#34788 - 06/09/06 07:48 AM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Whoops never mind JJ! This thread was from last year!

#34789 - 06/09/06 12:23 AM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Have any of you ladies done Focus Groups?,,,I have been doing one or 2 a week and it pays pretty well...between $75 and $200 per session...they last between 1 and 2 hours and it's fun and informative...they feed us and I have met some very nice people...you can't make a living with it...but it's enough to do a few "extras" like pay to have my hair done etc...I think most big cities have them...

#34790 - 06/09/06 05:46 PM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blondi, we have them here. The company is called Baltimore Research and they ae driving me crazy. I did one of their reasearch groups last summer and earned a very quick hundred dollars. But now they are driving me crazy. I have answered their little surveys about 20 times by phone to see if I'm elgible to be part of the research and I am never elegible. I answer all their questions and then they tell me "nope." I can't stand it so I've stopped answering their calls and now they're emailing me.They'll never tell me what's thrown me out of the pool either. URG.

I'm glad it's working for you!

#34791 - 06/10/06 07:50 AM Re: Making enough $$ to stay home
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Wow..that's really annoying Dotsie...I haven't been turned down to any of the ones I have been called for yet...but I pick and choose the ones i respond to....they email me first and if I am interested and qualify agewise etc then they call me...twice when I got there they paid me my $100 and let me go because they had overbooked!!!!...not a bad gig... [Smile]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved