Quote:

Dianne,

I took training through RTS (resolve through sharing). It is designed for infant loss, including miscarriage and stillbirth. I did this when I was nurse manager of an OB unit.

Most of the principles apply to any one who is greiving. Like things that you say that aren't helpful at the time..."You're young, you can have other babies..." and how to facilitate someone who is going through the grief process.

It's not something that I do a lot of now, but I still have the skills. Working with infant loss is very difficult but to know that you have made a difference in someone's life during a very difficult time...that's very rewarding.

As a coordinator I was able to put a program in place at the hospital where I worked.

Dianne..this is the type of program i'd love to see in hospitals when women have hysterectomies who have never had babies (AND are placed on the floor with the nursery...like I was)

i agree...can you start a new thread?

on topic...Reclusiveness is what I know best. I've been so used to doing things alone. And winter IS the best/worse time for me. Short days keep me inside and in bed early.'

Glad I don't live in AK or WA...I'd have problems~!