The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3452 - 04/06/06 06:45 PM Forever Friends - Got one?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I have a best friend that I've known since we were 4 years old - and I'm 48 now. We have the kind of relationship that communicates on a totally different level from the rest of the world.

One look can send us into gut-busting laughter that just won't stop, one hug can ease all the troubles in our lives, one smile can brighten the entire week.

My phone will ring just as I'm getting ready to call her - and of course it's her.

Are you lucky enough to share your life with someone like this? Share your stories about your "bestest" friends!

#3453 - 04/09/06 02:29 AM Re: Forever Friends - Got one?
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I have a bestest friend who I met when I was 22yrs old and I am now 52 and I just spent Friday with this friend.....we go on painting picnics together, exploring various places between her place and mine. We live an hour apart so explore the coast and scenery between on a regular basis. She is a year younger than me and we have been friends 30 years! Despite us both moving around and even living together during the early years we have always remained in touch.

And yes, there have been so many of those breaking into "gut-busting" laughter for us too!!

#3454 - 05/02/06 11:02 AM Re: Forever Friends - Got one?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
My best girlfriend Peggy is the funniest person I have ever met...we met when our oldest children started first grade...we had both signed up to be lunchroom Moms on Fridays...I instantly loved her..so on the third Friday I invited her to come to my house for lunch one day...she looked at me and said "I really don't want anymore friends."..Well here we are 25 years later...and I never let her forget that she said that to me...although over the years she has often tried to deny it...last year my youngest daughter (who is Peggy's Godchild )made her a beautiful pillow for Mother's Day...and on it she had painted these words..yep...you guessed it.."I don't need anymore friends" Peggy adores it!!! [Smile] [Big Grin]

#3455 - 05/03/06 02:29 AM Re: Forever Friends - Got one?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These are fun to read.

Flossie, painting picnics? That sounds fantastic.

Kathy, do you ever get together with any other kids from your childhood?

Blondi, what a horrible thing for her to say. Good for you for razzing her about it.

I have a group of friends I get together with once a month. We finally committed to this last year and we love it. We gather at one another's homes, favorite places, we even ventured out and saw Menopause the Musical together. We thought we were going to get kicked out because we were all laughing so hard. There was a man sitting near us who kept glaring. We didn't care. the show was funny and we weren't controlling ourselves for him.

Five of us have known one another since first grade. We picked up the other two in high school. this is so corny, but three of us married our high school sweethearts so all the guys know each other too. Every now and then we include the men...when they're lucky!

The beauty of it is that we know one another's sisters, brothers, parents, etc. We never have to explain ourselves. We understand one another totally and accept each other for who we are...and we're all pretty different in some ways.

I wrote an article about us. I might have to dig it out and post it here.

#3456 - 05/03/06 04:09 AM Re: Forever Friends - Got one?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have three "best" friends. Vicki, Vicki, and Dinah (who I should rename Vicki). I call them Daryl, Daryl, and their other brother Daryl (remember that show?) or I lovingly call them Curly, Larry and Hoe...

They are each precious in their own way and we have been friends since grammer school. Our Mother's have played bridge together all these years, been best friends, and our Daddy's as well.

I've taken vacations with them, long ones... and I've loved their children and spouses to the point I have to stop and realize sometimes that we are not actually kin. ha!

All three of these live in my hometown so we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like to, and one teaches in the most northern part of Alaska in a remote village...(I've teased her about being their village idiot).

Anyhoo...I have another best friend who lives here locally and I wouldn't trade her friendship for tickets to see Elvis reborn............

wait...that was hasty....How's bout all the Tea in China?

I LOVE MY FRIENDS. THEY ARE FOR LIFE.

JJ

#3457 - 05/03/06 05:39 AM Re: Forever Friends - Got one?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
You guys are so funny! My friend Heidi is about the only one I have left from grade school - everyone else has moved on and lost touch.

I have several friends I met in my 20's, 30's, etc, and it's great to hang with them.

Heidi and I are going to see Menopause the Musical on June 2 - can't wait!!! I think I'll take a June is Hot gift bag for each cast member... (marketing works in many ways...)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved