The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#34555 - 01/15/05 12:58 AM Re: new year/get organized
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
There is also a new service here in the Maryland area called "I Sold It on eBay"....they accept your stuff that is worth $30 or more, research it, take pix and then list it and sell it for you. They deduct the listing fees and 1/3 of the cost and send you a check!! If it doesn't sell, you can pick it up or donate it to charity.

I do a LOT of eBay stuff.....after my gastric bypass I "rent" clothes that way!! I buy them, wear then until they are too big and then sell them and buy more.

I collect mice (no, not the live kind, but hey, stuff happens...we just had one in the house!), Longaberger baskets, painted glass and Chesapeake Bay retriever memorabilia, so I have gotten lots of good stuff on there. I am addicted!!

#34556 - 01/15/05 05:28 AM Re: new year/get organized
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I think the neatest thing I got on EBay was a 1936 New York license plate -- in cherry condition. I got it for my dad's Christmas present last year -- 1936 was the year he got his drivers license - in NY. My hubby framed it for him and he has it on his desk [Smile]

#34557 - 01/15/05 07:32 AM Re: new year/get organized
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lion,
This is off topic, but your post just reminded me so much of my Daddy I just had to write it down. Daddy died three years ago and one of his most prized posessions was a model truck that I bought him. It was the same as one he had and planned to restore. He never got the real truck restored, but he loved the model and used it as a prop to tell his friends about his truck.

My mother returned the model to me on the day of his funeral and I carried it to the church. I gave it to the funeral director and he put it on Daddy's casket. It was just so symbolic of Daddy's spirit. It took everyone's breath away. Now it is on a shelf in my den. I think of Daddy every time I see it.

My Daddy loved cars, especially old ones and it was something I shared with him. I took him "junkin'" a lot and bought him a Model A just like he had when he married Mom for their fiftieth wedding anniversary.

I can only imagine what your buying that tag meant to your Dad. You will be able to treasure the image of it on his desk forever in your heart.
smile

#34558 - 01/17/05 05:09 PM Re: new year/get organized
lionspaaw Offline

I think its very interesting the different things we remember about our loved ones -- I have a ceramic dragon that robert painted for me (he made his brother and dad one too but painted this one special to make it feminine) and he gave me a little boy angel figurine on my birthday a few years ago -- I have them sitting together on my shelf --- when i look at them - it reminds me of our mom/son protector/innocence relationship

maybe that should be a new topic ???

Dotsie ???? [Smile]

#34559 - 01/18/05 08:22 AM Re: new year/get organized
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
I have been trying to get organized since like forever. But after all the books I have read one of the best books I have read was called "home executives" By pam Jones and her sister cant remember her name anyway, I since have fallen in love with 3x5 cards , assorted colors.

White - to do and phone numbers
Red - is outlines, ideas first drafts
yellow second drafts
Green , final drafts
Blue - character discriptions.

I also have a file box for print outs that I'm editing with matching color coding.

as for a maid I like cleaning , yea call me crazy , It helps me think when I'm stuck with my writing.

Deb

#34560 - 01/18/05 08:30 AM Re: new year/get organized
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Organization? What's that?

#34561 - 01/18/05 09:49 PM Re: new year/get organized
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lion, I love that gift idea. One of these days I'm going to have to check out Ebay. I still haven't surfed that site to see what's out there.

#34562 - 01/21/05 04:36 AM Re: new year/get organized
lionspaaw Offline

Dotsie -

I think you should put your sons stationary on EBay --

I know it didn't sell the two times I put them on there but that was probably because of putting it thru my store

Nothing to lose [Smile]

#34563 - 01/22/05 09:17 AM Re: new year/get organized
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've now completed over 30 items on my original list, but unfortunately the list has now grown to 50... [Frown]

#34564 - 01/22/05 10:29 PM Re: new year/get organized
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I thought I had done a really good job, organizing my closet until I realized I didn't get rid of anything. I only moved stuff to another closet! I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work.

According to horoscopes, I'm a Virgo and they are supposed to be really organized so I'm wondering if my parents lied about when I was born.

I'm real anal about some things...like my dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way but my underwear drawer is a disaster. Maybe I'm only half Virgo.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved