The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#34535 - 12/31/04 10:06 PM new year/get organized
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This time of year I get the urge to get organized. I get out the new calendars and carry everything over. I clean my desk at home and work. I like to clean out my clothes closet and a few drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Does this happen to any of you? I think Meredith might do this. Huh, Meredith?

Smile and Meredith mentioned not being able to relax unless things are in order. I definitely have that in me too. I can't watch tv if the paper is strewn all over the floor with a couple of cups or food trash on the table. It doesn't take much, but I have to tidy before I sit and chill. God help me. [Roll Eyes]

#34536 - 01/01/05 01:19 AM Re: new year/get organized
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Drawers and closets aren't on this month's list [Roll Eyes] but paperwork, errands and various cleaning chores are. It really isn't that bad because for every 2-hour chore I complete, I have 6 hours for the computer, gym, or whatever I choose. It's much better to do all this garbage now, when I have the time to recreate in between chores. If I try to do all this stuff in my prime working season, I get a little freaked from the time pressures.

Every chore I complete, I cross off and date with a purple pen.

#34537 - 01/03/05 07:26 AM Re: new year/get organized
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
For some reason I'm feeling this way this year.
I have on my list all this cleaning out of the closets, dressers, boxes in basement etc.

I knew something was wrong with me when I went through all the papers from 2004 and had them filed and boxed away for taxes!! For the last 4-5 years this was something I'd be rushing around trying to do in April so we could get our taxes together. Somethings not right with me when it is Jan 2 and my papers are in order [Eek!]

Heres to a more organized 2005!!

Summerbreeze

[ January 02, 2005, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: summerbreeze ]

#34538 - 01/05/05 06:50 PM Re: new year/get organized
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I love the feel of a clean house. Now that's different from an organized house.

When the kids were little my husband offered to get me some help. When the youngest was born, our daughter was 10 months and our oldest was 3. I had two who couldn't walk! This was a crazy household! [Eek!]

I didn't want help with the kids. I wanted someone to clean for me. Heck, I love my children. I totally enjoyed caring for them and toting them around town. I just didn't like having to clean the whole house. [Big Grin]

He so kindly hired a wonderful woman who has been with us ever since our youngest was born. She came every week and cleaned the house from top to bottom. [Big Grin]

Now she only comes every other week, and I stll love it. When she leaves the house smells so good and everything is neat and clean.

Now all I have to do is get moving on the closets and drawers! [Eek!]

#34539 - 01/06/05 12:18 AM Re: new year/get organized
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ahhh...I agree. There ain't nothing like the smell of a clean house, so that's why I go visit Mom about every three weeks. Her's is ALWAYS clean.

JJ

#34540 - 01/06/05 03:46 AM Re: new year/get organized
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
To get that clean house smell, without the work, open up a bottle of Pine-Sol and set it on the coffee table [Smile]

#34541 - 01/06/05 03:51 AM Re: new year/get organized
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
A woman after my own heart...teehee...

JJ

#34542 - 01/06/05 06:22 AM Re: new year/get organized
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey, if you took a little nip of that pine sol -- or something better -- or maybe a big nip of something--you wouldn't even care if the house was clean.
Or what it smelled like either.
smile

#34543 - 01/06/05 09:46 PM Re: new year/get organized
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Something else that works is the powder that you sprinkle on the carpet before vacuuming.. [Big Grin] I wouldn't eat it though!

#34544 - 01/07/05 12:26 AM Re: new year/get organized
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dots, Actually I wouldn't drink the pine sol either. However, I have noticed that a good glass of wine sure makes the house look spotless.
It's the cleaning lady who gets the place clean, but I figure I help her out by drinking a glass of wine. Somebody's gotta' put the final shine on this place.
smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved