The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34517 - 11/21/04 07:41 PM Holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Whether we work from home, work part-time, or full-time...I always feel like a full-time homemaker during the holidays! [Wink] After Thanksgiving I kick into overdrive. How about you?

#34518 - 11/21/04 11:10 PM Re: Holidays
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I already have a diagram up on a wall in my hallway showing the dish I'm making and for who and then lists the indredients needed for each one and the time, day,I have to make it on and the delivery date. I check off in red when I buy the ingredients, green when a chore is done and then blue when it's done and ready for wrapping. My son was laughing yesterday and said my kitchen looks like the 'war room' at the Pentagon.....High gear, yes, you could say I'll be in high gear....wonder if Santa can lend me some elves? [Wink]

#34519 - 11/22/04 02:32 AM Re: Holidays
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I love all the cooking/craft/decorating of Christmas but I always have more ideas than energy and time. This year I'm looking for really quick simple things to do...something I always enjoy is to decorate the house with flowers...it gives me a lot of satisfaction.

#34520 - 11/22/04 11:03 PM Re: Holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Julie, I'm the same way. IF I get everything done ahead of time, I think of another recipe to make. I can't help myself during the holidays. [Eek!]

#34521 - 12/01/04 08:59 AM Re: Holidays
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I can relate to you, gals. I think of so many things "that would be nice to do" for the holidays.

Then... I have to remind myself not to overbook my time, and that I have only two hands...

I've opted to keep it simple, for the sake of my sanity.

I want to be able to enjoy my family and not be stressed out!

After all... what good will it be if I do and do and end up exhausted, with no energy to share with my loved ones, or even worse, end up sick again? [Smile]

[Confused] Can you tell I'm learning from my mistakes or what? [Big Grin]

[ November 30, 2004, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#34522 - 12/06/04 07:22 PM Re: Holidays
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Songbird,

I can relate to you! Like most of us I want so much to do and be everything to everyone, this time of year. Alas, I can't because I've learned from the past that when I overdo, I pay a heavy price--get sick, overtired and so on.

Will keep it simple this year-make a nice dinner, buy a few presents and keep the focus on Christ and helping a few who need an extra hand..

Happy Holidays to all!

#34523 - 12/08/04 11:56 PM Re: Holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Toni, focusing on Christ is the key. HOwever, I still find myself reeling this time of year. I do my Bible reading in the morning, journal, pray and become focused, and sometimes by the afternnon or evening I'm speeding through life again. Thank God our days are only 24 hours long this time of year so we can recharge our batteries and begin again in the morning. [Wink]

#34524 - 12/13/04 01:35 AM Re: Holidays
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
My little one is at the magic age for Christmas. I want to do everythign for him.

But I have a boss who resents the taking of time to be a Mom and do for your family. Time off around the holidays is legitimate reason for no salary increase next year. Hard to believe that Ebeneezer Scrooge is alive and thriving.

I plan to take off between Christmas and New Years and play it low key, a few friends over, a hair cut, take my Mom to look at Christams lights, have Nathan's friend over for dinner (A constant request). You get the picture.

I have downgraded from 6 adults and three children visiting from Massachusettes with full sight seeing etc. It is my husband's side of the family and he appears to want to lay back so be it. I cut out the frenzy. I just want to be with the two most special men in my life-the entire week with agendas made up the day before or that morning. Can't wait!!!

Lynn

#34525 - 12/14/04 08:59 AM Re: Holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, I love it! The best agenda is NO agenda for the week between Christmas and New Year's.

The day after Christmas is one of my favorite days of the year. Sleep in, veg out, eat left-overs, and chill!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved