The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34445 - 07/05/04 08:00 PM Class reunion tips?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I will be corresponding with former high school classmates; does anyone have any suggestions on what to say, what to ask?

I won't be able to attend the reunion, but I will be able to email or write a few.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#34446 - 07/06/04 03:56 AM Re: Class reunion tips?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Toni, if these are classmates you were friends with and are curious about, ask about their lives. What are they doing now, who did they marry (anyone from school) do they have children, where do they live in the country, those kinds of questions are good and things I would personally be curious about? Plus answer their questions of your situation and if they are close friends you have memories with, bring up old times, like remember when da, da, da? [Big Grin]

#34447 - 07/06/04 04:31 PM Re: Class reunion tips?
Toni Offline

Great ideas, Chatty! Thank you. Sometimes I just can't think of things to say; particularly hard with those I wasn't too close to years ago.

Appreciate your words of wisdom...

#34448 - 07/07/04 07:02 AM Re: Class reunion tips?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Toni, think about waht you want others to know about you and then make a list of questions to gather that same information form others.

Jawjaw may chime in here because she was involved in planning her reunion this year.

#34449 - 07/06/04 09:24 PM Re: Class reunion tips?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
nope, not really. You girls have pretty much covered what I would have said.

We had a sheet that was given to all, turned in after they completed it, and then a book was made so all the "good stuff" was there to keep...like where they were now, who they married, number of children/grandchildren, their occupation, their favorite teacher and/or memory from high school, what their intentions are/will be for the next 5 years, and a pic. I put their senior pic in one side, then their NOW pic opposite it, the info was below it.

You might find out if they have a web site with a chat room. You can find out alot in those. We have one. Kinda sorta...It's a guestbook adn everyone insists on going in there, dropping a note, and moving on. Seems no one ever has the time to chat. Anyhooo...hope this gives you some ideas. Above all, enjoy your chats with them because you never know when they won't be there to chat...I looked around the room at the reunion a couple of weeks ago, and wondered if one of them (self included) would be absent at the next one, 5 years down the road.

JJ

#34450 - 07/07/04 01:53 AM Re: Class reunion tips?
Toni Offline

Dotsie and JawJaw,

Thank you both for your great ideas--making a list of what others might want to know and then considering a 'chat room' and thinking of the importance of it--because as you mentioned--some of them may not be around to talk one, two or three years or more down the road.

Both ideas made me think and gave me areas to explore.

Many thanks....

#34451 - 07/12/04 07:31 AM Re: Class reunion tips?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I'd be interested in

*where do they live?
*have they ever lived outside the country?
*do they travel?
*where do they travel?
*what kind of volunteer work do they do?
*where did they take their last vacation?
*what dream have they realized?
*what unrealized dream do they still have?
*what were the last 3 books they read?
*what do they do for fun?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved