The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34434 - 06/21/04 02:50 PM Suggestions for better organization of time?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Everyone,

With days so busy and full of things to do, I find I have a need to be more organized. Would anyone like to share ways in which to make our lives more organized, simpler and easier?

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thank you,

Toni

#34435 - 06/21/04 05:44 PM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Honey,
I'm the poster child for what NOT to do...so no help here. Good topic though. Everyone will direct you to the FlyLady (I think that's right) and if you are ready to receive a kazillion emails, then check it out. Good stuff there, but too many emails for me!

JJ

#34436 - 06/22/04 07:25 AM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Toni:
I'm no expert in this topic but I'll share a tip that seems to help me.

Make a LIST OF ALL YOU NEED TO GET DONE IN THE ORDER THAT THEY SHOULD BE ACCOMPLISHED.In other words, PRIORITIZE. Keep it handy, where it serves as a reminder and you can cross out whatever task is finished. Refer to it throuhout the day to help you keep focused on what's important for that day. At the end of the day, even if you didn't finish all the tasks, at least you tackled the most important ones.

~1.Set your goal for the day, week, etc.
~2.List your tasks
~3.Prioritize
~4.Stick to your schedule
~5.Remember to schedule time for your family too!

#34437 - 06/21/04 11:53 PM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Toni and Songbird....the recommendations given by you Songbird I say ditto to, they work for me and work well BUT one thing you have to do is let everyone know you're working, not playing, not pursuing a hobby but working. Good luck!!

#34438 - 06/22/04 12:00 AM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
Toni Offline

JJ, Songbird and Chatty Lady,

Thank you for your words of wisdom. Prioritizing, letting people know you're busy and the Fly Lady--great ideas!

Will check these out this week...

#34439 - 06/22/04 04:09 AM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I say the fly lady has had one too many cups of coffee. I got disorganized just looking at the site.
Okay that was a lie. I was already disorganized. But fly lady is just too organized for me. I'm way too lazy to do all that work to straighten out my life!
Who wants a straight life when they can go around in cirles anyway---same scenery and you don't get anywhere, but less getting lost.
Seriously, I think she's a swell girl with lots of great ideas. Now if only I could find that site again maybe...
Probably not.
smile

#34440 - 06/22/04 06:21 AM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I have one word to say on this topic: DELEGATE.

Don't try and do everything yourself - let other people around you contribute.

Anyone remember the author Rumer Godden? In her autobiography she writes that she learnt very early to let other people get on with things they could do better than her (e.g. cooking!) Sounds like a very good strategy to me. My husband has done all the food shopping in our household for years.

#34441 - 06/22/04 02:46 PM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
Toni Offline

Julie,

I love that word 'delegate!' That is something I have a hard time doing--mostly because I feel I can do whatever job needs to be done--better. I know that sounds 'elitist' or 'superior' and that probably is the case.

So many times when I wanted something done by a family member or my husband, the job was done but not like I wanted.

Delegate is something I really need to try. Most of all, I need to 'let go' of trying to make everything perfect. Hard to do, but this is an area I need to reevaluate.

Thank you for the word...

#34442 - 06/22/04 03:02 PM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Julie,

You are my kind of girl. I say Delegate!
It works wonders.

But to whom??

smile

[ June 22, 2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#34443 - 06/24/04 07:47 AM Re: Suggestions for better organization of time?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I say delegate too, but be happy with the job others do even if it isn't exactly how you would do it.

If someone does something for me...that's enough. I feel blessed.

I've heard way too many husbands say they can't do anything right so why bother. I believe this too becasue I've heard their wives bi--- when they haven't done the task perfectly.

We can't be critical when delegating. Know that if we're asking someone else to do a chore, they're going to do it their own way and that must be "good enough". [Wink]

I'm the queen of list makers so I agree with that. [Big Grin]

I also believe we have too much stuff to organize. "Less is best!" The less we have, the less we need to keep organized.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved