The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34419 - 06/07/04 03:03 PM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Jaw Jaw,

I'm a little slow on modern jargon, can you give me more info? Sounds strange, but interesting?

#34420 - 06/07/04 04:22 PM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Toni,
Gweedo is Bubba and Earl's cousin and they "take people out for ya."

Something tells me you haven't met me...I'm the resident Queen and general all around clown...I take nothing seriously...life's too short. Please forgive. I'm a humor writer and it's in my blood.

JJ

#34421 - 06/08/04 11:24 PM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Toni:
The "What would Jesus do?" would also help in any situation. I've tried it and it does work!

Blessings!

#34422 - 06/10/04 02:39 PM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Toni Offline

JawJaw,

Thank you for your reply. Very interesting and cute! Love it, absolutely love it!

I can see why you're Resident Queen. Right on target!

#34423 - 06/10/04 02:40 PM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Toni Offline

Songbird,

Love your reply. "What would Jesus Do?" is a great way to handle almost every situation.

Beautifully put and true...

Thank you.

#34424 - 06/10/04 09:50 PM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Toni:
"That's what friends are for..", right?
God Bless!

#34425 - 06/11/04 06:17 AM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Well....keep in mind that sometimes Jesus would take a whip and beat the -is beejesus a correct thing to say here?- out of people. Remember that little incident in the temple? The Man was *seriously* offended!

When people live in an urban area I've noticed it's *much, much* easier to be rude than when folks live in a rural area. When there aren't that many folks, everyone knows everyone else and word gets around pretty quickly who's a nice person and who isn't.

On Crime Scene Investigation the other night they said that 7 out of 10, or was it 3 out of 10?, people carry guns in their cars. One of the actresses said, "are you serious??? That makes me think twice about flipping somebody off."

It's sad when the only reason we have to be nice is because we're afraid we might get our sorry arses shot.

Whatever happened to being nice because it's the right thing to do?

Like Mom always said, "because being nice matters!"

And, Mom was right.

#34426 - 06/17/04 07:23 AM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Toni Offline

Sandra,

What wonderful words and good points you made...
Indeed, what ever happened to 'being nice' because it was the right thing to do?

I think a lot of people aren't nice because they're afraid they'll be seen as weak.

And, you are so on target about Jesus 'letting someone have it!' He was no wimp and He let it be known when He was ticked off! He set the standard in all areas, particularly when injustice was done..

Wonderful points and you made my day, no, you made my week!

God Bless,

#34427 - 06/17/04 01:06 AM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I totally agree with you Toni and Thistle. An additional thought that comes to mind is that Jesus threw over the tables. I don't think he physically attacked anyone. Might be a good lesson for all of us to take our anger out on inanimate object rather than other human beings.

It is so sad that we seem to have lost the value of being nice just for the joy of it. However, maybe we all need accountability too. A friend says that started when men stopped carrying guns in thier belts. He when all men had guns, everyone was a lot nicer to everyone because if they mistreated another man, he might shoot them and if they mistreated an older person or a child or a woman, they also ran the risk of being shot. I think kids learned about guns and to respect them early back then.

We are probably too far gone to benefit from that kind of thing today. It would probably lead to chaos and anarchy.
Just thoughts. I wish there were more nice people in the world. And I wish I was nicer too. Even on bad days.
smile

#34428 - 06/18/04 01:40 AM Re: Suggestions For Better Customer Service?
Toni Offline

Smile,

Wonderful points about being nice 'just for the joy of it.' There doesn't seem to be much joy anymore--in all areas of life.

It seems that so many are becoming 'robotic' in all aspects of life...'machine-like.' Perhaps our lifestyles have sped up so much, so fast, with tension everywhere, that some are forgeting what it's like to be 'human.'

Don't know, just taking a guess...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved