The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#34361 - 04/12/04 06:31 PM Re: spring cleaning
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Thanks, Betty-boop! If you think of a place to submit, I suppose I could!

When my house needs a good thorough cleaning, I call my Mom - who sounds a lot like yours. She likes to clean, a trait I missed. I like a clean house, but there's just always so many more things I'd rather do *g* like write poems about clutter! [Big Grin]

Donna

#34362 - 04/13/04 03:24 AM Re: spring cleaning
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
Donna,

Just noticed you are from OHIO. Anywhere near Warren/Youngstown? I grew up there from the age of 8 - 19.

Just wondering....

#34363 - 04/13/04 05:10 PM Re: spring cleaning
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hello. I'm from the Cincinnati area.

Donna (a buckeye - is that a nut? [Big Grin] )

#34364 - 04/14/04 12:38 AM Re: spring cleaning
Betty-boop Offline

Donna,

I've been through Cincinnati several times. Love how green it is by the OHIO RIVER.

Is a Buckeye an nut? Well, Ohio folklore has it that the buckeye nut is considered a good luck charm, relieves pain of arthritis and rheumatism, resembles the eye of the buck deer. I have three that I have taken all over the world with me and they still sit in my jewelry box. I suppose if you are superstitious, you could say they do bring good luck...as I've had lots of fun and adventures in my life.

Do you remember the Buckeye man? They used to take buckeyes, paint faces on them and have little springy legs and arms on them. They would sell them at baazars and in gift shops as Ohio sourvenirs. I haven't seen those in ages. lolol

#34365 - 04/15/04 02:12 PM Re: spring cleaning
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Hey Betty=B,

Where abouts are you in Utah? It is one of my favorite states and come by as often as I can to see friends.

Frankly, we are hoping for a trip in May. Small reunion of very close friends for over 25 - 30 years.

Lynn

Oh! This time we will be outside Springville, most of the time we are in Glenwood, south of Richfield, Mohab or Zion area.

#34366 - 04/15/04 05:43 PM Re: spring cleaning
Betty-boop Offline

Lynn,

I live outside of SALT LAKE CITY in Sandy, Utah. I am from the EAST coast and really miss it. I married a Utahn and we moved here after he got out of the military. Someday, I dream of going east to live. Don't know if it will ever happen as my kids and grandkids all live here and I like being close to help out and see them grow up.

My husband is a truck driver and he is actually coming home in May. We are planning to go to Park City, Utah for a week to 'get away' from it all. I can't wait.

#34367 - 04/16/04 03:44 AM Re: spring cleaning
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You be-a watchin out fer them thar bears, ya here.???
[Wink]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved