The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#34351 - 04/08/04 03:47 PM Re: spring cleaning
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
okay, let me get this straight. Cleaning your house comes in seasons? Are you telling me that I only have to clean my house once a year? And that takes place in the Spring?

Man! Is that good news or what? [Big Grin]

I almost cleaned up some last month and brother am I glad I got over it...

#34352 - 04/08/04 05:43 PM Re: spring cleaning
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Ummm, yeah..........what she said....I like that.

#34353 - 04/09/04 02:49 AM Re: spring cleaning
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Shoot you girls have the right idea, I can save a fortune only have thi place cleaned once a year. So glad I haven't started yet. She old dogs(like me) can learn new tricks. Wuff, wuff... [Wink]

#34354 - 04/09/04 10:30 AM Re: spring cleaning
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
......like seriously, about the magazines....really....... [Roll Eyes]

#34355 - 04/09/04 05:46 PM Re: spring cleaning
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I loathe cleaning, but I love a clean house. I will do the picking up the papers, trying to keep uncluttered but I have a woman that cleans for me every other week. What a blessing, I can go into the weekend and not have to think about the floors, the bathrooms and well, dust is a country accent!

My office is cluttered, Ican't seem to keep up with it, and she is told not to mess with it at all. I think I know where everything is! LOL

I am also fortunate that my husband does all the laundry. So I can be guilt free when I sit down at the computer and take care of business!

Sherri

#34356 - 04/10/04 01:11 AM Re: spring cleaning
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Sorry Kate. I can't part with my American Cowboy. I swear I really am going to read them. [Wink]

Plus a trade sounds like it would just put me back to where I started.

#34357 - 04/10/04 02:06 AM Re: spring cleaning
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I traded some magazines with a girlfriend 6 months ago, and neither of us has read the "new" magazines yet. But it was a good idea.

#34358 - 04/11/04 02:41 AM Re: spring cleaning
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Remember Spring Cleaning when the winter rugs were changed to sisal rugs? My grandmothers did this every year and my mother changed drapes from winter to spring.

Now that is a lot to keep up with!

Lynn

PS I hate washing curtains too.

#34359 - 04/11/04 05:35 AM Re: spring cleaning
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My mother changed the curtains and bedspreads in my sister's and my room twice a year. Pink for 6 months, then green for 6 months.

Not only that, but she sewed everything in our room AND painted the walls to match. I always thought she was a fanatic but I seem to have inherited some of it [Frown]

#34360 - 04/12/04 04:57 PM Re: spring cleaning
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
I loved the poem!! That was really cute, have you submitted it anywhere?

As for cleaning, I guess I am the oddball here. I do like to clean. I don't love it, but I put music on, LOUD and sing and make up stories as I go along. I usually clean my whole house about twice a month thoroughly. And then once a month, I try to get into drawers and closets to see what we've piled up and either put them into their places or toss them out.

I think I developed this habit because I grew up in a three-bedroom home with six kids. Even when we cleaned the house, it still seemed cluttered. Now, I hate clutter. I detest clutter. ha ha. Sometimes I can't sleep and have to get up to go straighten out a mess I saw earlier but was too busy to take care of. Another thing I attribute this habit to is from our time in the military. We moved every three years, so we tried not to store too much. If we didn't use it, we got rid of it.

Now, my writing stuff is another totally different situation. I have boxes of it and file cabinets of stuff. I have office supplies in little plastic storage dressers. My desk has files, and I have two bookcases full of magazines and books. I just can't seem to get rid of any of it, cause WHO KNOWS? right??

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved