The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#34341 - 04/04/04 07:21 AM spring cleaning
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I work full-time (and not as a homemaker) but this topic definitely belongs under WORK!

We just started spring cleaning, including the stuff that gets done once a year whether it needs it or not haha: vacuuming the ceilings, cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, etc. Out of everything I hate (and I hate all of it) my Least Favorite Award goes to the 2.5 hours I spent yesterday going over the shower grout with a toothbrush and trying to remove hard water buildup in toilets and showers. [Frown] For my money, it doesn't get any more boring than this.

What's your least favorite spring cleaning chore?

#34342 - 04/04/04 08:36 PM Re: spring cleaning
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
What's spring cleaning? I did sweep out and dust the barn the other day. Am I sick or what? I found that some mice have been storing cat food in one of my saddles. My barn cat is definately not doing her job.

The thing I dread doing the most in the spring is pulling out my boxed up spring/summer clothes and putting away my fall/winter stuff. I have to wash and unwrinkle everything and spend an inordinate amount of time debating what stuff I should get rid of, always keeping more than I should.

Anyone else have the magazine glut problem? That's on my next hit list. They all have these great articles that I so want to read, going all the way back to 1998. It's so important as a writer to keep current on topics and know what the market is looking for. How can I possible throw the stuff out? Certainly no one can part with back issues of National Geographic or American Cowboy. Can they?

#34343 - 04/05/04 02:44 AM Re: spring cleaning
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
catalogs first, magazines second. at least magazines have useful information. catalogs have stuff they have already sold by the time I get around to reading them!

chores...I'm the clutter queen. we still have boxes piled up in the hallway from where we haven't unpacked from moving in. in all fairness, all of those boxes were in storage until a couple of months ago . now they are in storage in the hall.

some of those boxes have Dave's first wife's financial records and she died in 1988! I suppose that makes us the King & Queen of Clutter, eh? I think he also has the first Playboy magazines he ever bought and that was when Playboy was brand new. Could any of those magazines be worth $$$? E-bay here I come!

#34344 - 04/05/04 04:47 AM Re: spring cleaning
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My ex brother-in-law saved Playboys like forever and sold his entire collection for $3100.00 to a collector. He had each on encased in plastic and they were like new. Go figure.... [Roll Eyes]

My least favorite spring cleaning is spring cleaning, all of it, yikes, ugh and baloney to it all. I call Merry Maids, they do the hard stuff and I just keep after it the rest of the time. I hate clutter. [Mad]

#34345 - 04/05/04 04:25 PM Re: spring cleaning
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The hard part about spring cleaning is finding the time. The chore I like the least is taking down the curtains and re-hanging them. For some reason my curtain pockets are too tight and it takes forever to get the curtains back ont he rod. I must admit them all once a year. I sorta look for dust and when I see it I take them down and fluff them in the dryer. [Eek!]

#34346 - 04/06/04 09:49 AM Re: spring cleaning
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

My husband saved 20-year-old phone bills from 3 houses ago and I finally got him to throw them out (mostly by intentionally tripping on his paper pile a few times [Roll Eyes] .) Now he only backlogs for 7 years.

I put a 5-year moratorium on magazines here. By then, they're all outdated anyhow. I donate them to the library's used book sales.

#34347 - 04/06/04 10:28 PM Re: spring cleaning
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Aha! After reading this thread, now I can see why Dotsie suggested I come post. I had just written this little poem off the cuff last night and sent it to some friends. Fits right in here!

Packrat

I have too much space

To spread stuff about

And need to give away

A lot of it, no doubt.

My closet holds clothes

In four different sizes

When you open a drawer,

It’s full of surprises.

I need to organize,

And learn to give away

Just keep what I’ll use

Or what I’ll display

God’s blessed me so much

And I must confess

I’m sure I’ll never wear

That size six mini-dress!

By Donna J. Shepherd

#34348 - 04/07/04 09:06 PM Re: spring cleaning
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna, how about that? Love the poem. The rocking chair in our bedroom is piled sky high with winter clothes to be taken to the attic. That's on my list for tonight. [Wink]

I envy the people who have huge closets and can leave their clothes in the same place year-round.

#34349 - 04/08/04 03:21 AM Re: spring cleaning
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Great poem Donna! This week I bought 2 more shelving units and put them in my closets. I'm lucky to have lots of large closets. It was one of the features that sold me on this house!

#34350 - 04/08/04 07:59 AM Re: spring cleaning
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Wait a second, wait a second.....back up a little....Agate, you've got old American Cowboy magazines? I LOVE those......you wanna trade for some Sunset, Martha Stewart, County Living, Country Home, Southern Living, Elle Decor, Coastal Living... (what else do I have?) Well I probably don't have but a few Coastal Livings.....anyway.....

Don't ask. It's too scary.

Kate [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved