The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34309 - 12/04/03 09:47 AM Re: anybody here?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
It seems to me that many of the women around here who "stay at home" actually spend a lot of time out shopping and having coffee! [Big Grin]

I have been a stay-at-home in the distant past, would love to be now but can't afford to. What I think I miss about not being home is the "do nothing time" with my 2 yr old daughter - time to read with her, veg around, paint or draw, take a nap. I know we would both like some days when we didn't have to get up and be out of the door so early.

In my stay at home days I used to have one day a week dedicated to cleaning - that worked for me.

#34310 - 12/04/03 10:45 AM Re: anybody here?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Julie~ I have to admit, I'm with you. I work full time now and have been for the past 8 years at one newspaper. I live for those vacation days and the weekends. I loved it when my children were smaller and I stayed home. I never had such a wonderful appreciation for naps until I was actually able to take them, now there's days I would gladly pay for them. And that 'do nothing' time... that's the most valuable time, when you're just sitting with your babies reading or making things or just holding them on your lap. I loved... LOVED that.

#34311 - 12/04/03 11:34 AM Re: anybody here?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
One of the sweetest memories I have is of Mother and all five of us girls piling up in the bed during a cold winter day and taking our naps while she sat in the middle of us. Three on one side, two on the other. Mom in the middle.

I still love naps and try to take one every day...till somebody honks their horn....what? what?

#34312 - 12/09/03 07:08 PM Re: anybody here?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think the most important thing we can do for each other is respect one another's choices when it comes to staying home or working. Couples need to do whatever works best for their families.

I've always stayed home and still work from home so I can be here for the kids.

I remember going to parties when my kids were little and feeling like I had to defend my position to stay home when everyone else was lawyering, managing, teaching, caring, etc.

Now I attribute that to my insecurity at the time and immaturity.

My husband and I decided before we were married that if there was a way for me to stay home I would. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and care for my kids like my mom did. It didn't mean that I didn't aspire to be anything other than a mom, just meant that if I was going to have kids I was going to stay home and care for them the best I could.

I believe life goes in stages and our choice for me to stay home was my choice for that stage.

There were cetainly days that I wished I could have walked out the door and gone to work.

I have a dear friend who worked and she certainly had days when she wished she could have stayed home with the kids.

I remember talking to friends who were working and had all the time in the world to chat on the phone from work while I had to get off so I could tend to my kids. It was different, but what I chose.

My point is that we should simply accept one another for our choices and not judge based on what we think is best.

Also, funny that this forum has spoken most about caring for our homes and not our kids. What is a homemaker anyway? Just curious....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved