The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34282 - 07/15/03 04:59 PM what to do?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay ladies, this is the forum iwth the least posts.

Because I spent so many years being a full time homemaker I thought it would be a hot forum.

What do I know?

Is it because we are a little older now, kids are older, and we are no longer the full time homemakers we may have once been? [Razz]

Should we do away with it? Thoughts please!

#34283 - 07/16/03 04:34 PM Re: what to do?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hello there,
My thoughts on this is I am very surprised it isn't a hot topic too, but then again, the more I think about it, we ARE mostly BBoomers and thus normally past the "homemaking" stages and child rearing years.

So...you may have hit the nail on the head? I know I spend more time at work or enjoying hobbies than I do homemaking, so to speak.

#34284 - 07/16/03 04:51 PM Re: what to do?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
Perhaps you could change it from homemaking to organizing. I have trouble with this and it sounds like others do to. Some of us need help with how to and what to organize.
Maggie

#34285 - 07/16/03 05:01 PM Re: what to do?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey great thought Maggie. I think we all have trouble with "getting it together" with different areas of our life. I know I would enjoy that topic.

#34286 - 07/23/03 06:55 PM Re: what to do?
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi- I do not think the idea of home "making" is outdated at all. I am single, about to turn 40, and am childless. I can tell you that all 3 are not by choice. ha ha. I would LOVE to be able to have a few babies and stay at home while someone, presumably the man, is out making the money. I love the idea of "making a home" since I've never really done that before. My house is simply a pit stop between work schedules and a very large dog house for 4 dogs. I suppose that not having children or a husband has allowed me to put more energy into the writing, although I know that even if I did have kids, I would still write.
Kelly L. Stone, www.kellylstone.com

#34287 - 07/24/03 08:20 PM Re: what to do?
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Don't think that you would have much time for writing with a family around, although it would be a wealth of writing topics. I wouldn't give up my family for anything, but they do make demands on my time beyond my outside job, that make it difficult to get any writing done. I'm just never satisfied, I guess. Once, when the kids were small, I wanted an outside job to feel fulfilled. Now, I wish I could stay home and write and do my art..to feel fulfilled. LOL. Someday, when I have retired, perhaps I will have the time and hopefully the energy to do the writing and art that I can only dream of doing now.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved