The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34258 - 01/11/03 08:01 AM Leadership skills
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an awesome article in USA TODAY on Jan. 9, 2003. The article was written by Robin Gerber who is a senior scholar at the University Of Maryland's Academy of Leadership. She is also the author of LEADERSHIP THE ELEANOR ROOSEVELT WAY.

The article spoke of women leaving the corporate world and migrating back to the home-front to raise their children. While on the home-front they have found the best training for returning to work when the kids are raised! Many of the skills required for leadership are the same at home and at work!

Qualities mentioned were:
-warmly leading
-interpersonal skills for dealing with all kinds of personalities
-multitasking
-delegating
-negotiating
-focusing on the positive

Of course this is nothing new to us. It's just great to see it in print in a major newspaper.

#34259 - 01/16/03 02:07 AM Re: Leadership skills
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Robin Gerber was a guest at our book club last Thursday evening. One of our members is personally acquainted with her and recommended that we read her book. It was a wonderful evening! She challenged us to think of leadership in ways most of us don't think of. I had the Baltimore County Library order her book. If you ever have a chance to hear her speak, don't pass it up and the book is definitely worth checking out.

#34260 - 01/18/03 05:49 PM Re: Leadership skills
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I can't believe you heard her speak. I tried locating her through the UM website and couldn't. Is she a boomer? I wanted to ask her to write for my book. Please let me know. Thanks!

#34261 - 01/21/03 10:18 PM Re: Leadership skills
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The website where Robin Gerber can be located is www.academy.umd.edu. Click on new publications and it will take you right to her.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved