The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#34239 - 10/05/05 05:41 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Thank you, chickadee - I know I'll get through this. Especially knowing I have so many beautiful souls praying for me...uh...us!

#34240 - 10/05/05 06:33 PM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

I wanted to really thank all of you for your prayers and kind words. I'm feeling a little more positive today, I guess the initial shock has passed...I'm going to try to get through one day at a time, and not be overwhlemed by it all. God is on the throne.

#34241 - 10/06/05 07:30 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Western, keep looking for the blessings. Perhaps there is a way for you to follow some of your other dreams while mothering.

Have you tried journaling to see if there is a way to fulfill your dream of opening a Catholic bookstore? I don't want to stress you out, but perhaps you could do it with another woman and have a little day care within. Your employees would love you if they could bring their little ones to work.

#34242 - 10/06/05 07:43 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

The store I wanted to open was in NY, there was a need for it where we lived. This is a little town, 1 small Catholic church which is starting a library. So I'm not sure it would fly here. But I've already volunteered to work at the library so I think that will be good for me. My husband is going to be self-employed so he will be able to help more with the kids. My bible study has begun, lots of wonderful women! next week I will tell them about the Boomers! I can't ell you how much I appreciate all of you, supporting and encouraging me. Women are the best!! [Smile]

#34243 - 10/06/05 07:46 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

I forgot to mention,I have been trying to start journaling for years now...I wasn't sure if my husband would respect my privacy and not read it. But he is coming along and I think he is starting to give me the space I need. I want to be able to write anything and everything (like I do here!).
Ladybug, thank you again for your positive attitude!

#34244 - 10/06/05 06:26 PM Re: I have almost always been one!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
westernbird,I've been journaling for years. I'm sure my family knows. They see me sitting at the kitchen table with my Bible, folder and journal in the morning. I don't think they've ever cracked the journal. [Wink] Mine ismore of a prayer journal so even if they did they would only read how much I care and pray for them.

I wouldn't leave your journal sitting around if you are going to write about topics you don't want them to read. Journaling is so healthy for the journaler, but can be dangerous for those who snoop.

#34245 - 10/07/05 12:06 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Bird- I think one of the reasons I divorced my first husband was because he read my journals. I have been journalling since the 5th grade- kept them all but when times got bad with him- he was always looking for things of mine to see if the seperation I wanted was because of another man- no I was just screaming to be free, to reconnect with the me I lost to pacify him- so I destroyed ALl those journals- now what I have left is my journals fromJuly 1st 1991 when I left til now-the difference between that marriage and the blessed one I'm in now is that my journal sits on my coffee table, my purse isn't hidden and there is trust and the certainty that if we need to talk something over we do and our privacies are never violated

#34246 - 10/07/05 01:52 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

That is a healthy marriage - good for you!

#34247 - 10/07/05 03:49 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Yeah- I'm lucky and grateful- anyone want to rub my head for luck??
How are you feeling, anyway?/ Morning sick- or eating everything in sight like I always did?
You know I have to say I admire you about actually living according to the catholic teachings-I was raised catholic- nuns had me from kinder til high school . I don't believe anymore but that's me but I know very few couples who live those rules and you do and that takes an incredible faith

#34248 - 10/07/05 05:33 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Thanks Patty, it means alot to have someone admire my faith, instead of ridicule it...it's not an easy path, but being obedient to God is worth all the suffering. Not much morning sickness, a little queasy. I do want to eat everything but that's also because the weather is getting cooler.
Have a great night!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved