The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#33812 - 12/14/05 03:59 AM Still Struggling
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Hi Everyone,
I haven't been here in a while. Please Pray for us as I will pray for you. My husband is still without a job. Its been about 4 months now. He had two interviews with Home Depot but they never called him back. Its so frustrating for me. I hate worrying about money. I am trying not to. We decided we are going to visit my family in Arizona all next week for Christmas and to get away. I just pray he finds a job soon!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!

#33813 - 12/14/05 04:30 AM Re: Still Struggling
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You and your husband will be in my prayers. Has he ever tried a temp service, they do have jobs for men too or even a head hunter. If he is a veteran he can go to the VA job placement center....Also something most men never think of is as an orderly in a hospital, they are good steady jobs, pay okay and there are benefits. Just some suggestions....Merry Christmas!

#33814 - 12/14/05 04:50 AM Re: Still Struggling
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Remember back several years ago when my husband was out of work. I worked all the extra hours that was available, but it would not have been enough to support the house. We even talked of letting the house go, and selling the rest.

Hubby was really worried, so I packed the car and we went away for a few days.

It really does help to get away.
So, go visit...& don't forget to leave your worries behind for the next week.

I'll be praying that God provides a way for you both.

Merry Christmas.

#33815 - 12/14/05 05:09 AM Re: Still Struggling
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Thanks for the support and the prayers.. MUCHO APRECIATED!!!
God Bless you!!!

#33816 - 12/14/05 05:18 AM Re: Still Struggling
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I'm adding my prayers to the list. I was in the situation at one time, so I know how you're feeling. Sometimes getting away helps.

Enjoy your Christmas with your family.

#33817 - 12/14/05 05:30 AM Re: Still Struggling
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I'm praying for a merry christmas and a great getaway. Also, praying for your financial situation.
Blessings!

#33818 - 12/14/05 05:43 AM Re: Still Struggling
ladybug Offline

mammajude, while you're away try to relax and give your mind over to peaceful thoughts.

Has you hubby also checked out driving a bus for a school or old age center? The other women here had some excellent suggestions too.

Please keep in contact here. We do care about you!

Your last line, mucho appreciated reminded me of a girl I graduated highschool with. Her name was/is Karen.

Have a Merry Christmas!

[ December 13, 2005, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#33819 - 12/14/05 06:15 AM Re: Still Struggling
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well I agree with Chatty . Call the Temp Service in you town an then call Home Depot . Sometimes you have to call them back . Some HR people just let people slide . If he lets them know he is really intereted they will talk to him and have an interview. Something will turn up. Also, if you husband signs with with a couple Temp Agencys . Get a resume written up also.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved