The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#33740 - 10/27/05 10:18 AM Mental or Emotional Breakdown
jday Offline

A MIND IN TORMENT
Every human being has a breaking point.
It is part of the human condition.

Ask anyone who has had both a physical illness and had a breakdown, to choose between these two and they will usually prefer to endure the physical illness.

Distress of the mind is not just imagination or self inflicted injury. Nerves are the cause of the most distressing symptoms, anyone can bear. The mind in torment can vibrate, tense, twist and torment every muscle and every organ in the human body into a knot of the utmost pain. The agony is very real even if the cause is in the mind.

The bodily symptoms are only a small part however, of the suffering. Even worse is the restlessness and discontent of the mind, the sadness and misery of the mood which destroys all enjoyment of life.

The distress is seated at the very point of morale and self control of the individual, so that they have to watch every movement, every utterance until despite every effort they become totally self-absorbed just as their muscles twitch, so also do their sensations.

The nerve endings feel uncovered, unprotected, raw and super-sensitive. Eventually a cloud of misery falls down over the sufferer which further isolates them from everything they used to enjoy. The laughter of their children they delighted to hear, becomes a jingling torment. Their favourite music now assails them like a knife going through their brain. Their loved ones mean nothing to them. They are even beyond tears, beyond feeling, beyond thought, isolated in a personal world of terror. Segregated from all they used to enjoy their mind harks back to the guilt’s sorrows and fears of their past. These are relived again and again until they appear as recent as yesterday. Meeting friends becomes almost impossible because of the difficulty in concentration, the intrusion of morbid thoughts, the irritability and embarrassment of blushing, trembling hands and uncontrolled, unwanted tears.

“pull yourself together …… no one else can help you, you’ve just got to help yourself”.

------------------------------------------------

I have 4 more pages of info like this to help you as you undergo a breakdown. Let me know through this posting if you want me to continue.

This is a transcript of a tape from my dear psychiatrist

#33741 - 10/27/05 06:38 PM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jday, very intersting. Please tell us more about yourself. I didn't see anything in your profile. DOes your psychiatrist know you are sharing this? I don't know if that matters...

#33742 - 10/28/05 07:34 AM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Wow, Jday, I can see that there have been times in my life that I have been close to this, but never to that extreme...
I agree, that mental torment is the worst. That is exactly how I used to describe it to my husband but he never understood. I think mine was always more of "the dark night of the soul", as some saints have referred to it. It means having that torment, but still able to be caring and compassionate towards others.

#33743 - 10/28/05 02:28 AM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It hurt my heart to read this but I would like to see the rest of this piece. Bless you.

#33744 - 10/28/05 04:29 AM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome jday and so we hear from another perspective, very enlightening.

#33745 - 10/28/05 05:54 PM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just went back and read this while I wasn't racing. WOW! This is amazing. I have never been this depressed so it's hard for me to relate. However, I know someone who was definetly this depressed and I wish I had read it a few years ago. My MIL suffered from terribly from depression. It explains so much. Thank you.

I pray you are well at this stage of the game, and if you are struggling...you are in the hands of a good therapist.

#33746 - 10/29/05 08:03 AM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jday, it was interesting to note this phrase in your post: "beyond tears." And this: "guilt’s sorrows and fears of their past." and this: "Their loved ones mean nothing to them." Put some of these words together and you get the phrase I wrote in my book that is the core of my story: "It saddens me beyond my tears that love was lost within the fears." Jday, I don't know who you are or where you came from, or what your motive is for posting. But I have been there and back. And so have a few others on this site, at least everyone knows someone who has suffered from debilitating depression. I don't know if I could take 4 more pages of your psychiatrist's words without remembering all too clearly how far gone one is during a depressive episode. I hope that you have received help and that you are not suffering thus. Love and Light, L

[ October 29, 2005, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Lynnie ]

#33747 - 10/30/05 03:06 AM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Mamacat Offline

Loc: Midwest
Would like to see the full transcript. I've been there and am afraid I'm heading there again.
Thanks.

#33748 - 10/30/05 04:34 AM Re: Mental or Emotional Breakdown
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Mamacat, I am so sorry you are experiencing grief. BWS is a good place to find support.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved