The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#33268 - 01/11/05 06:40 PM Lexapro 10mg
Ellie Offline

Loc: Towson
Does anyone know anything about this drug - Someone close to be has been given an RX for this for depression - she wanted my advise - but I do not know that much about it except what I read online anyone have first hand experience - it seems that she is suffereing from minor depression and mood swings

#33269 - 01/11/05 09:25 PM Re: Lexapro 10mg
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Here are some links I found about lexapro and depression.

http://www.womens-health-fitness.com/10mg-lexapro.html

http://remedyfind.com/rm-3743-Lexapro.asp

http://www.lexapro.com/

http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/Depression/Site/story_lexapro.htm

I was on Lexapro for a short time, but my doctor took me off it. It wasn't having the desired affect on my depression. I wasn't responding well to it.

#33270 - 10/26/05 01:35 AM Re: Lexapro 10mg
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
I was on Lexapro for about 3 years with no unpleasant side effects except that I kind of lost my libido. That was one reason I went off!

I have been on several anti depressants in the last 11 years since my 13-year-old daughter died in a car accident. I do my best to handle things but when the sadness prevents me from functioning, it's time for some help. If I ever feel the need for another round of drug-help, it will be Lexapro again.

Actually, I was on it long than needed for depression. By the time I probably would have gone off it, I found I had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome with brain fog and the related aches and pains. My doc said that lexapro is used for the aches and pains of fibro so I stayed on it, adding Wellbutrin XL to fight the brain fog.

About a year ago I started using a wonderful nutritinal product called Reliv. I have since quit using both drugs and have seen marked improvement in the fibro symptoms. A good side effect of that is that I have also quit having hot flashes and night sweats!

Alas, I digress from the original question. Tell your friend that in my experience, lexapro is a good choice with few if any side effects.

#33271 - 11/02/05 04:55 AM Re: Lexapro 10mg
donette Offline

Loc: St Joe Missouri
It seems to depend on your age with lexapro I was on it for a brief period of time with relatively no side effects however they are finanding some problems with younger girls being on the drug. My niece is a good example I no longer know her and there are others that I have found out from psychiartist friends . Sexual impulsivity, personality changes, drug and alchol use that did not exist prior . Then after the severe impulsity severe guilt to the point of suicidal thoughts They aree no longer reccomending the drug for girls under 25

#33272 - 11/02/05 08:09 AM Re: Lexapro 10mg
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
I'm 51 so age was not an issue. I have heard, too, that young girls may react differently.

#33273 - 11/08/05 07:56 PM Re: Lexapro 10mg
Late Bloomer Offline

Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
My son (schizoaffective, bipolar, OCD, Asperger's Syndrome) started taking Lexapro maybe five months ago. He felt great, stopped falling asleep during the day, had good energy and initiative and relief from depression, but then started having severe insomnia. They took him off, and he was immediately "down" again. Now he's on a lower dose and doing pretty well, although his hands shake a little and he does have some anxiety.

Meds are different for everyone; what works great for some people can be disastrous for others. Never a dull moment ...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved