The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#32911 - 07/03/04 06:06 PM Re: outdoors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sugaree, congrats on being an aunt. I have a 3 month old grand-nephew and adore him. It's been so long since we've had a baby in the family and his precious ways remind me of all that innocence and sweetness.

The mother in me wants to know if there's someone who can take this 15 year old mother under their wing?

#32912 - 07/05/04 02:24 AM Re: outdoors
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
We (me, hubby, and our little poppet) spent yesterday outside in the wonderful winter sunshine
tramping all over the zoo (her first visit!) Our zoo is on the harbour front and the views are to die for. We all had a great time. Then we went home to dinner cooked by our sons. I'd say it was the best of both worlds [Smile] Mind you, we were both so tired we could barely move last night!

#32913 - 07/05/04 02:33 AM Re: outdoors
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Julie,
That sounds like a magical day...one of those you couldn't duplicate if you tried. Good for you both I say! And congrats once again. How nice too that your sons cooked the dinner. What good children you have there kiddo. And too tired last night? uh huh...tell that one to the Marines girl, we ain't buying it here...hhahahah

Hugs,

JJ

#32914 - 07/05/04 02:51 AM Re: outdoors
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Jaw Jaw

Just have to point out that here it is already Monday morning! Last night was Sunday - the day AFTER our anniversary dinner. [Wink]

#32915 - 07/05/04 02:57 AM Re: outdoors
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
oh yeah...I knew that.......did too!

Hey, it's winter there Julie? (and for all you teachers in here, yes, it's a dumb question, so sue me)

JJ

#32916 - 07/07/04 06:03 PM Re: outdoors
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Great and truthful point! I've noticed the times when I'm outside and then come back home, I feel so refreshed and renewed.

Absolutely the way to go!

#32917 - 07/10/04 07:43 AM Re: outdoors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Sugaree, congrats on being an aunt. I have a 3 month old grand-nephew and adore him. It's been so long since we've had a baby in the family and his precious ways remind me of all that innocence and sweetness.

The mother in me wants to know if there's someone who can take this 15 year old mother under their wing?

Yes, Dots. This is one reason that my sister let her attend the beautiful delivery of her own child. She is making an attempt to connect with her, to show her the beauty of what she is considering doom.

In many ways, according to our society, she is doomed. But, according to what I've learned about God, He doesn't make trash/doom. So, this is the way my sister an I are approaching her now. We are trying to show her that although she made the decision to bring forth life w/o marriage and a way of supporting a child, God will make a way. I believe that He will make this way by allowing this child the beauty of loving her child so much that she will rise above the negative stigs and continue to educate herself for her and her child's sake.

Sugaree

#32918 - 07/09/04 08:10 PM Re: outdoors
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Ladies: the reason why a time outdoor is so beneficial is that nature brings us back to our Creator. It helps us connect with him. And, of course, offers us many other benefits such as the many described before by all of you! God is great.

Nature is God's second book. Through it we can learn and understand more of his character. Remember the many times Jesus taught lessons through examples in nature?

So let's enjoy as much as possible the great oudoors and take advantage of the many benefits it provides us emotionally, physically and spiritually!( Now, that goes for you too, Songbird! You NEED to get out more!) [Big Grin]

#32919 - 07/16/04 02:57 PM Re: outdoors
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Sheri,
I don't know how long since your loss, but I do know that after I lost my dad, the first months were a terrible blur of grief. I was constantly picking up the phone to call dad w/ some news of the kids. My heart would break all over again when I realized that he wouldn't pick up the phone. So I grabbed a new marble notebook and a good pen, went out back and sat in the yard and began my Dear Daddy Journal. Everytime something happened that i wanted him to know or I missed him or needed advice, I'd write him a letter. Between the fresh air and the "conversation" w/ dad, I always felt a little better. God bless you and give you his peace.

#32920 - 07/23/04 06:35 PM Re: outdoors
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Being outside is wonderful for most people, but what about those of us who have a phobia of being outside?

I have social anxiety disorder and find it very difficult to go out in general. Along with a general anxiety disorder where around every corner is something ominous and scary.

I go through phases where I can enjoy my backyard at times..and at other times, not. Right now it's the NOT phase.. I prefer not to leave the house, not to go outside, and not be with people.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved