The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#32891 - 06/25/04 11:48 PM outdoors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I found this anonymous quote in the National Association of women Writer's Newsletter this morning and loved it. Thought I'd share.

I'm putting it in this forum because just being outside helps my mental health. [Big Grin]

"An hour outdoors can be worth ten in the therapist's office. Make the most of nature's blessings: fresh air, sunshine, trees, grass, the ocean. This time of year, the best things in life are free."

#32892 - 06/26/04 01:40 AM Re: outdoors
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
AMEN TO THAT!!

#32893 - 06/26/04 04:21 PM Re: outdoors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yeah chatty, I was worrying aboaut you when you had the wasps on your porch. I thought you may never get outside again! [Eek!] [Wink]

#32894 - 06/26/04 04:32 PM Re: outdoors
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have a big swing right outside my back door, across from my carport, and in the shade. Some days early, early, in the morning, or even sometimes when I get home from work, I'll take a cup of coffee and go and sit in the swing. I don't have an agenda. If it is early, I greet the sun, if it is evening, I kiss it goodnight.

You wouldn't believe the stress and/or problems that are left behind on that swing.

JJ

#32895 - 06/27/04 03:16 PM Re: outdoors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

If my hammock could talk! [Eek!]

#32896 - 06/27/04 09:15 PM Re: outdoors
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have two decks in the backyard. One near the pool and one higher up the cliff with a table on it. It overlooks the woods and a creek. We eat there a lot.
Last week, we watched a bunch of bluejays diving at a tree. We got the binaculars and saw that they were after a hawk that had captured a rabbit. The hawk finally got away and flew with the rabbit in his claws to his nest in a big tree near the creek. I guess he was taking home dinner to his babies.
A deer comes to the deer lick I put near the creek and my grandsons love to catch turtles and lizards in the mud along the creek. We enjoy the creek almost as much as the pool and it is much less work.
It seems to be so energizing to be outside (Unless it's miserably hot or freezing cold that is).
smile

#32897 - 06/28/04 02:04 AM Re: outdoors
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Working in the garden is therapy. [Wink] Deadheading the flowers I leave a lot behind. Picking whatever my husband has planted takes a while and yes the wildlife there is wonderful. [Smile] I do think two birds were chewing me out for picking their strawberries. [Eek!] I told them there would be plenty left for them and there was.
Must head out there soon. Didn't get to the raspberries yesterday.
Maggie

#32898 - 06/28/04 08:51 AM Re: outdoors
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I used to like pottering in the garden but these days it is just another CHORE - and we are in drought with water restrictions and can't water the garden anyway. It is a dust bowl and we need to have some tree lopping and other major maintenance done. Like everything else it just seems to weigh on me at present. But I did pot up some geraniums yesterday so maybe I can manage to keep them alive in pots?

(If this mood persists I'm going to change my login name to Eyore)

#32899 - 06/28/04 09:23 PM Re: outdoors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Julie, the mood will change. Not to worry. Nothing ever stays the same. Thank God.

Please find some time to do a few things for yourself. I wish I lived closer. We could walk the beach and talk about all the books we've read.

My wishes for you:

-take a walk all alone

-soak in a hot bath with bubbles and then lather yourself with lotions and potions

-read a funny book

-watch a funny show

-read scripture

-meditate and pray

-call a friend

Give yourself the break you need. [Wink] We boomer women are cheering for you to tend to yourself. [Wink]

#32900 - 06/30/04 02:38 AM Re: outdoors
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Dots I'm working through your list (although it will take some time!) and feeling better already.

If you get an overseas phone call...don't be surprised... [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved