The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#32686 - 06/13/03 03:14 PM Retirement or lack thereof
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Once again I don't know where to put this topic.I put it here because I am loosing sleep over this and my mental health may suffer if this topic doesn't get resolved and sleep continues to escape me.
I went to a "financial planner" at our credit union this week.I have about 10-12 years to retirement. I'm scared!!!All toll, at age 64, I'll have a whopping $1,700.00 to live off of a month.Much of that will have to go to medical.(My school system doesn't have a medical plan for retirees.)I have to take $300.00 more out of each paycheck a month now to have $150.00 more a month then.
Good reasons why I wasn't able to save more sooner,but is anyone else concerned about their retirement years?

#32687 - 06/23/03 11:55 PM Re: Retirement or lack thereof
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I believe there are going to be lots of baby boomers who are unhappy because retirement is going to be much later in life due to the lifestyles we have chosen.

#32688 - 06/24/03 01:46 PM Re: Retirement or lack thereof
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
I WAS retired during my hubby's illness and for almost 2 years after his death. and our nest egg is gone. I am alone, working to keep the wolves from the door. It is a struggle, ecpecially since I have no real skills except this darned CDL B license and my "mouth of the south". Everything I did before the forced retirement is no longer usuable and I am working for a school bus company that pays by the hour. I am just doing my best to keep my head above water day by day. What happens in the future will have to happen--I can't put anything aside at all now. I don't have any regrets because the money went to make his life better for the last 5 years of it, and if my dogs and I have to live in the truck, then we will. I am grateful for the time we had together, 24/7 from his diagnosis to his death, and I wouldn't trade that for a mansion or all the money on earth. But, that said, I do think about it, too. I am 54 (55 in August) and I see what I am doing for my elderly aunts and uncles that have no children, as I don't. It is scary to think that someday everyone will be gone before me and I will have no children either. I guess I just have to give it to God and see what hisplans for me are.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved