The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2804 - 09/09/05 11:22 PM Re: Where are you from?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Fiftyandfine,
Forgive me if I should know this and have forgotten, but have you shared here in the forums how you came to live such a geographically diverse life? Sounds fascinating and I'd love to know more...if you've already told all elsewhere in another forum, remind me where to go (but be kind) and I'll find your story there.

#2805 - 09/10/05 12:29 AM Re: Where are you from?
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hey Eagle,

I don't mind sharing one bit--especially since I'm supposed to be working on some things for my Master's program and I would rather procrastinate this afternoon. Actually, I think I shared some in the Introducing another FL gal thread in the Welcome section, but probably not my "geographical diversity." (How cool is that? You've just given me a whole new way of looking at myself!) [Smile]

It's actually not all that fascinating and is rather simple, really. I was born the daughter of a USAF officer and a Newfie. I made the rounds as a military brat before marrying a military man. Once that particular servitude was over, (not the military, it was the man)I moved around within the US out of a restlessness that lingered for a while. Met and married my current husband over twenty years ago. We pretty much stayed put in Colorado.
I spent time in China because my last formal employment was as a project manager for an international adoption agency. And I ended up in Florida because one of my kids is here, I like the weather (hurricanes excepted) and when we moved here last year, housing was still spectacularly cheap.(Our house value has almost doubled since last year. OH YEAH!)
And that, my dear, pretty much covers this geographically diverse gal!

#2806 - 09/10/05 04:53 AM Re: Where are you from?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This post reminds me of a modern day joke....

The teacher asks the class whats the name of our countrys capital?
Little Johnnie raised his hand and answered, Washington, D.C.
The teacher then asks, what does the D.C. stand for?
For a minute it was quiet then little Janie stood up and said; D.C. stands for dot com...

[ September 09, 2005, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#2807 - 09/10/05 09:40 PM Re: Where are you from?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Born in Roslyn, NY
Raised in Albertson, NY
Currently reside in Hicksville, NY

Woooooooohoooooooooooo! [Smile]

#2808 - 09/10/05 10:47 PM Re: Where are you from?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Always lived in New England. Don't want or plan to live anywhere else. But, I do spend 2 weeks a year in FL now and will most likely spend more time there when we retire. We moved around a lot when I was a kid, but it was mostly between 2 or 3 cities and not far from where I am now. I've never lived outside of MA but I spend a lot of time in NH and ME and once in a while CT. Used to vacation on Cape Cod years ago, but now we prefer to go north.
Louisa

#2809 - 09/11/05 06:25 AM Re: Where are you from?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I am so boring . I have only lived in MD , but have traveled a lot in my lifetime . I have been to Maine, AZ , Texas , MO . Fl , NM, Boston, Mass, etc. Never been to Calf. Been to Mexico and Canada . New York State .

Still love to travel.

#2810 - 09/11/05 04:21 PM Re: Where are you from?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Born in Louisville, KY
Dad in the military so from there it was:
Levittown, NY
Weisbaden, Germany
Falls Church, VA
Selma, AL
Taipei, Taiwan
Annandale, VA (where my Dad retired)
Clearwater, FL
And finally BACK to Virginia for good!

Still have the "wanderlust" though - love to travel and have been all over the world.

#2811 - 09/11/05 05:57 PM Re: Where are you from?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Born in Sheffield, AL
Lived in
Huntsville, AL
Birmingham, AL, then back to
Huntsville, AL
Athens, AL
Ardmore, AL, then back to
Athens, AL

JJ

#2812 - 09/11/05 06:48 PM Re: Where are you from?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
So, I take it you like Alabama? Or are you just stuck there? [Razz]

#2813 - 09/12/05 01:41 AM Re: Where are you from?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I LOVE Alabama... (Queen breaks out into "My homeeeee's in Ala-baammmaaaa, Southernnn Bornnnn is...)

What?

Course, I AM stuck right now. My car is at the doctor's have surgery. Sigh...

JJ

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved