The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2875 - 01/11/06 12:05 AM Re: Where are you from?
storylady Offline

Loc: somewhere along the Ohio River
Humm, Guess I can not Spell the State I live in correctly. West Virginia! Sorry
storylady

#2876 - 01/11/06 05:22 AM Re: Where are you from?
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I love finding out where everyone lives!

suzieq--

I was born in Greenwich Village, NYC, but moved to Old Greenwich, CT as a baby. Lived there from '54 - '62. Then moved to Westport, CT and stayed until I was 18. For the next two decades I lived all over the country--Clinton, NY; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Newton Highlands, MA; Atlanta, GA; and Vienna, VA. I moved back to Westport in '95. When did you live in Stamford?

storylady--

My mom grew up in New Martinsville, WV on the Ohio River. Do you know where that it? She has great stories of growing up there.

Prill

#2877 - 01/11/06 07:40 AM Re: Where are you from?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm a New Englander too NHJackie. Mostly on the North Shore near Boston, except for 2 few years in the early 60s when I lived in Haverhill, MA, the town my dad was from.

Louisa

#2878 - 01/11/06 08:11 AM Re: Where are you from?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
my, my,

we are a diverse group are we not? I grew up on the Fox River in Batavia, Ill. about 40 west of Chicago. When 40 miles meant cornfields in between. Small town, where we ice-skated the winters away.

30some years later, I moved to North Dakota and spent another 18 years there. Now am in Boise, Idaho....Wonder where I'll be next?

Search

#2879 - 01/11/06 06:30 PM Re: Where are you from?
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Searcher -- I grew up in the Rock Falls, Sterling, Dixon area further west of Chicago. I think about 80 miles west.

I had cousins that lived in Batavia for years. We used to go visit them a lot. I remember going to the Fox River in Batavia. It's a nice town. But cold in Illinois.

I moved here to Kissimmee, Florida about 19 years ago and still love it. I never went back to Illinois in the winter except for when my parents passed on. Both in January 2 years apart. The temperature was in the teens and 20's both times and snow on the ground. I was glad to leave. It makes me know just why I live in Florida. I hate the cold and snow and gray skies.

How do you like Boise, Idaho. I've never been there. Do you ever get back to Batavia?

Sandpiper

#2880 - 01/11/06 06:41 PM Re: Where are you from?
Searcher Offline

Sandpiper - When did you visit Batavia, during what years? Big chance I might know your cousins....

Boise is nice. It isn't so cold here, but does stay hot in the summer. This is high desert, so is pretty dry - sagebrush and such. Of course in the cities, there's grass and lots of trees. But the mountains are visible and can be reached in 15 min. There's plenty of snow there!

No, my parents are both gone now, and my sister and brother and families are scattered.....But my parents are buried there - so will go back occasionally. I still have friends in th area, tho'.

Searcher

#2881 - 01/11/06 11:25 PM Re: Where are you from?
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Searcher - My cousins have lived around the Chicago area their entire lives. Matter of fact, their mother grew up in Batavia I think.

I think it was in the 70's maybe that they lived there. Their last name is Stees. Their mother's maiden name was Runyon I think.

They lived in Geneva, St. Charles, Naperville, West Chicago, Batavia and Aurora. I believe some of them still live in that area. One cousin lives in Shaumburg. Another is maybe in Aurora or Geneva. Don't know for sure. It is a family of 10 children. Both their parents are gone and so they are now moving from the area a little at a time.

Glad you like Boise. Never been there. I need lots of sunshine. Can't take the gray days and cloudy weather, so Florida is good for me. My twin and I are the only siblings from our family that have moved from northern Illinois. Other than that I have two nephews that moved away. Guess my family is mostly a stay put type.

Thanks for asking.
Sandpiper

#2882 - 01/12/06 12:11 AM Re: Where are you from?
Searcher Offline

Sandpiper - I'll send you a pm, so as not to hog the thread. Search

#2883 - 03/14/06 06:28 AM Re: Where are you from?
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Born:
Carlstadt, NJ
High School: Paterson NJ
Lived while married Clifton NJ
Then, out of the cold to Sunny Florida

#2884 - 03/14/06 07:49 AM Re: Where are you from?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, I was born in Passaic NJ. Then I spent my first 18 years living half time in NJ and half time in PA. At 18 I moved to AZ where I lived to age 30. Then I moved to CA where I lived for 10 years, then to Kansa for 10 years then to Missouri for 6 years and now in Colorado for 1 years. Oh, we had minor stops in between, like Dallas and Denver, but if they were less than six months they don't count. I consider my home here in Co Springs. I waited since 1972 to get here. But my family's place in the Poconos is where I feel that I've gone "home" again. Some people claim I'm from Mars.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved