The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2824 - 09/23/05 07:18 AM Re: Where are you from?
Debra Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Born and raised city girl from Clevland Ohio. Lived here all my life. My husband and I still live in the same little house for 26 years now. Nope, guess we're not moving! Wow, some of you have lived all over the world! How interesting!

#2825 - 09/23/05 07:26 AM Re: Where are you from?
Debra Offline

Fiftyandfine and Chick---where in Newfoundland are you from? Met a wonderful friend on the interenet from St. John's Newfoundland, 2 and a half years ago. I have visited her and her family 3 times since 2003. My longest stay was 3 weeks. was just there this past May for a couple of weeks--got fogged in, so I had an extra couple of days as well! I LOVE it there! She and her family will be visiting me next summer--their first time to the states. Can't wait!

#2826 - 09/22/05 08:30 PM Re: Where are you from?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Debra:
Fiftyandfine and Chick---where in Newfoundland are you from? Met a wonderful friend on the interenet from St. John's Newfoundland, 2 and a half years ago.

Debra, I'm not Fiftyandfine or Chick (but I left the quote on top so they'll see it), but I couldn't ignore this. My Mom was born and raised in St John's Newfoundland. I've been twice, when I was five and then in 1979 when I was hitch-hiking through Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. I loved Newfoundland, especially St John's and Brigus, which is where my Mom spent her summers.

I always feel a little closer to my Mom (she died 4 years ago) when someone here mentions her beloved Newfoundland...

#2827 - 09/22/05 09:18 PM Re: Where are you from?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Songbird (love that name!!)- where in NY were you born?
I was born in the Bronx, moved to Nanuet, then Valley Cottage, then Pomona, then New City, then Campbell Hall (all in NY). That all took me 45 1/2 years! Now I live in Pagosa Springs, CO. It is a beautiful place and I would never go back east.

#2828 - 09/22/05 09:25 PM Re: Where are you from?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Reading all of the places everyone has lived blows my mind. (COURSE...blowing my nose could accomplish the same thing.) Ahem.. anyway, have you ever stopped and thought about all of the beautiful places there are to visit that we'll never get to see? Like the town Western Bluebird just mentioned, Valley Cottage...I would love to see what that towns about, wouldn't you? The name is inviting. Or Newfoundland..oh my...and on and on. I think traveling and meeting other people across this beautiful world of ours would be the best experience one could have...

I've really tried to have a new experience every year when I take a vacation and see something I've never seen before. You? Maybe this should be in a separate thread, eh?

Just wanted to comment... Western BB gave me a wonderful visual.

JJ

#2829 - 09/22/05 09:44 PM Re: Where are you from?
Debra Offline

Eagle Heart, thanks for responding. Did you ever see the movie or read the book, "The Shipping News"? It's about life in Newfoundland, very enchanting! You would appreciate it, I'm sure. The next time I go there, I'll be going on the whale boat tour. I am already an "honorary Newf", a little ceremony they do for anyone who wants to be. Ever heard of Screech?

#2830 - 09/22/05 09:47 PM Re: Where are you from?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Yes, I've heard of Screech. I was never screeched, but my hubby has been. Did you actually kiss the cod?

I've heard of "The Shipping News", but for some reason, never got around to watching it. It's one of those movies we always plan to watch, but never do.

#2831 - 09/22/05 10:11 PM Re: Where are you from?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
JawJaw - Hate to disappoint you, but Valley Cottage is not a quaint, pretty, little town as the name might imply! Now Pagosa Springs, CO, which smells like sulphur, is a beautiful town!
If you ever want to travel here, I would love to show you around!

#2832 - 09/23/05 12:56 AM Re: Where are you from?
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hey Debra/Eagle/Chick,

Small world isn't it? I was actually born in Stephenville Crossings, NL (I have a hard time writing that abbreviation--grew up with Nfld) and I lived in/visited for extended periods of time: St. Anthony, Main Brook, Corner Brook, St. John's, Gander, and Burgeo. Long story, but we never really had anything to do with my mom's family back in NL, and after leaving as a preschooler, I only visited once more as a pre-teen. Then, last year I was hell bent on a search for some answers to questions that had plagued me all my life. So I went back and visited on my own.
It was a time with some wonderful relatives that I hadn't even known existed! In fact, I was in a tiny grocery store in Springdale, and I saw a woman point at me and say, "Who's that then?" Her friend answered, "Oh, that's Lizzy's sister's daughter's daughter." And armed with that information, the first woman walked right up to me with tears in her eyes, CALLED ME BY NAME, and announced that we were related! Seems my grandma and her grandma were sisters. And she knew all about me, even if I'd never heard of her. It was like that everywhere I went. It was the first time in my life I gained a real sense of where I came from, who I am, and where I belong. Truly, that trip was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I'm going for another extended visit (a month) in July/Aug next year and I can hardly wait!
Oh yeah, and WB, I've been to Pagosa Springs (used to live in Evergreen and then Pine, CO) and it IS a lovely little town!

Fifty

#2833 - 09/23/05 01:44 AM Re: Where are you from?
Itza Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm from the North East of England.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved