The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2814 - 09/12/05 05:07 PM Re: Where are you from?
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Georgia born and raised here, and I've yet to live anywhere else.

That sounds SOOOO boring! When I was young I had the wanderlust, and if I'd left then it would have been easy. But marriage, then taking care of parents, intervened and the years rolled by.

Now I'm stuck because of my job, but when I can retire in just a few more years, no telling where I might end up!

Whirlwind

#2815 - 09/12/05 08:26 PM Re: Where are you from?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I was born in the upper peninsula of Michigan and lived in Muskegon, MI (on Lake Michigan) until I graduated from high school. I went into the Marines and spent boot camp in Parris Island, South Carolina. Afterwards, I was assigned to Twentynine Palms, California.

Met my first husband in the Marines, in CA, we married there and afterwards moved to Tucson, Arizona. We lived in Tucson for 7 years and moved to Phoenix for another 5 years.

I took a brief respite and moved to Nampa, Idaho and lived there for about 5 months. I took a vacation to Tampa, Florida. Liked it so much I decided to live here, and I've been here in Tampa, Florida now for over 10 years, remarried and can't imagine living anywhere else.

#2816 - 09/13/05 03:10 AM Re: Where are you from?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Well, my husband tells me I am from nowhere, ha ha!
I was born in NY, raised in Puerto Rico, moved to MA and been here since then. Married a central american guy 22 yrs. ago and I am not about to go live there any time soon, if you know what I mean. So I call MA my home away from home (P.R.).

#2817 - 09/13/05 08:20 PM Re: Where are you from?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I lived in a number of places when I was growing up. My dad wasn't in the military, but his company was a contracter for it. We started in Cincinnati, then moved to Los Angeles, Tampa, somewhere in PA, Spearfish, SD and then ended up in Dayton.

I also have traveled all over the country since my ex worked for an airline, and discovered many cities more exciting than Dayton, however my grandson is not living in any of them. I've thought about relocating for my job, but realized that wherever I lived, I would be living to come home to see my little guy and the rest of my family.

Daisygirl

I'm stuck, but it's by choice.

#2818 - 09/14/05 09:27 AM Re: Where are you from?
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I was born in Toronto Ontario. Came out to the westcoast as a teenager and had to return although did not move out until my late 30's.
Moved to Victoria BC and don't think I
will move anywhere else but you never know.
I love living on an island but it doesn't feel like it until you have to take a ferry or plane to get off.
Kate

#2819 - 09/14/05 11:55 PM Re: Where are you from?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Born in Biltmore North Carolina, no kin to the Vanderbilt's by the way.
Moved to Fresno, California at the age of 6. we moved several times back & forth across the country between N.Carolina & California (as much as we moved, I could have been a resident of any of those in-between states).
Age 18, back to Asheboro N.C., met my first husband (military)moved to Jacksonville, Fla., Warner Springs, Ca., Point Mugu, Ca.
Met 2nd husband, from Point Mugu, Ca. to San Diego, then on to Fredericksburg, Va.
Hubby wants to move to Texas, along with my eldest daughter...that would mean leaving the other 4 other (adult) children behind.
Don't think I can do that.

[Smile]

#2820 - 09/16/05 07:03 AM Re: Where are you from?
NancyB Offline

Loc: Georgia Mountains
Here we go--I'm another "military brat" (USAF).

Born in Kansas City, Missouri
then
Elmandorf AFB Alaska
Washington DC (Dad at the Pentagon; lived in three different houses)
Denver CO
Clark Field, Philippines
Denver CO
Wright-Paterson AFB, Ohio (lived in Fairborn)
Amityville, L.I., NY (while Dad was AF liasion at Brooklyn Army Terminal)
McGuire AFB, New Jersey (lived in Mt. Holly, then Levittown, then on base housing)
Evreux-Fauville AFB, France (8th grade)
Dreux AFB (boarding school for 9th grade)
Chateauroux AFB, France (10th grade)
Dover AFB, Delaware (11th grade)
(Dad finally retired!)
Athens, GA (12th grade, UGA)
Macon, GA (first job post undergraduate school)
Athens, GA (graduate school....work...marriage...children)
Cornelia, GA (husband retired from UGA, took job at Piedmont College here)

Was so fortunate to have been able to go to high school in France! Love the quiet, pretty North Georgia mountains.

#2821 - 09/16/05 06:26 AM Re: Where are you from?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
OMG!!! You lived in Amityville?!! My mom grew up in Farmingdale, NY. (next town over) It certainly isn't the same town you may remember!!!!

I'm a "world" traveler....
Ohio
Louisiana
Pa
Nebraska
NJ
the eastern seaboard to Florida!!

My co-worker used to tease me when I was going to Omaha...he'd tell customers that I was going on a really big trip!!! [Smile] I guess you had to be there!

#2822 - 09/16/05 04:59 PM Re: Where are you from?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I was born in Newfoundland Canada, moved to Ontario, then back to Newfoundland. Moved to Alabama when I found my Dad, met My other half and moved to Oklahoma where I patiently await to root in Tennessee.
chick

#2823 - 09/17/05 02:17 AM Re: Where are you from?
Sera Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ct. USA
Hello ladies! Born in Connecticut, lived briefly in Texas with my ex-husband, then moved back to Connecticut again. We have a summer place in Vermont (small), so we spend lots and lots of time there, but that's about it! I would dearly LOVE to travel the world, but, alas, finances decree otherwise! [Frown] Maybe someday! Blessings...S.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved