The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2767 - 08/31/05 06:25 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
JJ, that calls for an Oreo toast! Thank you for your courage...

#2768 - 08/31/05 06:44 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm going to see Chatty's post next. Thanks for letting us know where it is because I haven't seen it yet. I do see things get buried. For example, on another thread I responded to a response made by JJ, but my response did not show up. Now JJ may think I'm not interested in answering her question about PINK magazine when in fact my response to her response is just buried. I confess to ignoring the cooking/recipe forum because I don't cook! So Chatty, there you have it: Don't go changing....Love and Light, Lynn

#2769 - 08/31/05 07:00 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey, I'm with you. I don't cook either, but I have a collection of cookbooks that would choke a horse (no offense). I love to read them! go figure.

On the response getting buried. I know how to find it, and if I'm needing/wanting/gotta have an answer to something, I'll PM the intended party.

Love to you boomer babes!

JJ

#2770 - 08/31/05 08:03 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
JJ, good rules of the road.

I just now figured out I posted about the ruffled feathers on the WRONG topic. I thought it was the one about Chatty's friends leaving the site with ruffled feathers because their posts were unanswered. I misread it.

However, quite honestly, I take no responsbility for those who leave. I figure the site just didn't meet their needs.

I am sorry if Chatty's posts go unanswered because she contributes to the posts of others. She is frank, but she does it in a loving way and I love that. As to the recipes, I read them and sometimes print them out, but what do you say to a recipe except maybe YUM.

If I skipped over Chatty's other posts, I might have simply missed them or had nothing to add. Or it might be because I have been busy lately.

I was in a hurry when I posted earlier, and certainly didn't intend to hurt anyone though I do feel we sometimes take things too personally.
smile

#2771 - 08/31/05 08:27 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Couldn't agree more SMILESmeister...and just for the record, my initial longgggg post was in response to both post...Chatty being overlooked, and the people leaving.

I hope they return, but if that doesn't happen, they I will just hope that they have found a forum that meets their needs.

In the meantime, I'm staying put. This is home to me.

JJ

#2772 - 08/31/05 08:51 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
smilinize Offline

I'm with you JJ. Nothing's perfect, but this is close enough.

I'm a lifer.

smile

#2773 - 08/31/05 06:55 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Eagle Heart Offline

What has been amazing me is that I usually run away in great trembling and anxiety at the first sign of controversy or, as Chatty calls them, ruffled feathers in a social setting. And if I think that I'm the one responsible for hurting another person's feelings, well, that can put me in bed under the covers for days wondering how to make things right.

But this place and spending time here with you ladies has changed me. I might have felt like running away a few times, but unlike so many other times in my past, now I'm able to stop myself...because deep in my heart, I know that I belong here, this IS my home, and I'm NOT running away this time. This is where I want to be...and I too want to be a lifer, so I'm here to stay. No running away. Now if that's not healing-in-action, what is!

So please, whatever you do, don't kick me out today... [Eek!]

#2774 - 09/01/05 07:03 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
smilinize Offline

Eagle,
You're a great addition to this site. And nobody is ever going to kick you out!! You might as well face it, you're a lifer too.
smile

#2775 - 09/01/05 07:15 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Eagle Heart Offline

Then bring on the Chips. And Oreos. And any of Chatty's recipes we can whip up, except the Cow Patty one. Let's just relax and celebrate being lifers.

#2776 - 08/31/05 10:54 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
smilinize Offline

Amen!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved