The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2747 - 08/29/05 03:52 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, I am new here, and haven't had much experience posting except on a dog website. One thing I've learned is that sometimes what we post seems a little harsh because we only see the words. If we said the same sentence in person, we would use facial expressions, body language, voice inflection etc. which adds to and softens the words. That's why if someone does sound a little harsh, I forgive it and I hope you all would do the same for me.

I will look for your post.

#2748 - 08/29/05 03:56 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I couldn't find it under Menopause.

#2749 - 08/29/05 07:48 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty is probably the MOST LOVED person belonging to this entire forum...so in answer to her heartfelt post...YES YOU NINNY....You are being paranoid. We adore you. Love you. And quite frankly, I can't even remember what my life was like BC. <BEFORE CHATTY> We would fall apart without you...got it?

da Queen has spoken!

JJ

#2750 - 08/29/05 03:38 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Chatty I too love your straight-forward posts and responses....don't change a thing! Like many of the girls here have said, sometimes there just isn't enough time to visit every single new posting on this Board because it's just so HUGE. I feel badly that I missed your post on loneliness - I'm sure I miss a lot of wonderful posts because I just don't have the time in my day to see everything here. Just know that I look forward to seeing "Chatty Lady" in the forum and appreciate your presence here.

Don't change a thing girlfriend! [Wink] [Wink]

#2751 - 08/29/05 06:01 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
The discussion on loneliness is on the Menopause forum, under the "Can Anyone Relate" thread.

[ August 29, 2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#2752 - 08/30/05 07:38 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Chatty,
I posted under the "relate" thread, but want you to know, your words there stung me like nothing else I've seen on the board. No, you didn't say one blessed thing wrong--you said what I too often feel, but would not normally have the courage to say. It made me cry because of self-recognition. Well, now, I realize neither of us has to experience this level of loneliness. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for being who you are and saying what you did. I am sure you will never know how much you helped others by your admissions. It was a gift beyond measure, and there are not enough words to thank you.

#2753 - 08/29/05 09:46 PM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
So you're straight shooting, tell it like it is, cut to the chase type of person? big deal. It's refreshing, it's honest. I haven't read any posts of yours where I felt you were deliberately attacking someone, or just being plain nasty or a troublemaker [Smile] You have an opinion, a voice - you give it. And you respond lots to other people on the board, and seem to really care about them.

I may not always agree with everything said, but thats OK - I don't have to. You don't have to agree with me either.

This is such a busy website, always something being posted and talked about and posts get buried easily too. I don't get on here much and sometimes I just read posts and don't respond - either because its already been said and I don't have anything to add, or I just don't know what to say. There's lots I don't read either.....

I'm sorry if you were feeling ignored or lonely Chatty - I don't believe it was intentional. You seem to be such an outgoing, dynamic personality maybe we take that for granted [Smile]

I admire you - for willingness to tell it like it is or how you see it, for willingness to bring up issues, for willingness to deal with them.

#2754 - 08/30/05 11:47 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty, you are a very valuable member of this community.

I often have huge time constraints. I can't answer all issues, all the time, and as such may comment only when I feel I have something significant to add. Somedays I have time to post a few things, and sometimes I'm not here for up to a week on end. You are never intentionally ignored, nor is anyone else.

Although I agree with you on some issues and disagree on others, I don't see that as a source of contention. I think you already know that if I have an opinion, you and everyone else will hear it.

[ August 30, 2005, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]

#2755 - 08/31/05 07:14 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Quite honestly, all the ruffled feathers around here lately causes me not to want to post at all.
smile

#2756 - 08/31/05 07:32 AM Re: Ruffled Feathers???
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, so sorry to hear this. Due to the growth of the forums, posts are going to get missed. I honestly don't think this is ever intentional.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved