The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220819 - 04/02/15 03:00 AM Have you seen this new car?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Here's an amazing video. For a Mercedes-Benz concept car.

It's kind of mind-boggling, since it does the driving, which means the passengers are just sort of along for the ride.

I think it's interesting, but I have to admit, my mind does go to all the ways that this could go wrong...

Remember when they used to forecast flying cars in our future? Do you think we will ever see REAL cars like this one?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220889 - 06/12/15 07:26 PM Re: Have you seen this new car? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Don't know. But I just bought a new car and it isn't a fancy expensive type. It's a focus. But it's pretty darn amazing. Rear camera; seven airbags; buttons here, there and everywhere.

#220894 - 06/13/15 02:06 AM Re: Have you seen this new car? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

I just read an article that says he first flying cars are slated to appear in 2017.

Actually according to articles I have been reading, there are probably about 3 companies who are jockeying to produce flying cars, all claiming to be about 2 years out. Here's an article from CNNcom about this.

Check out the article, there are some amazing photos there.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220895 - 06/13/15 02:10 AM Re: Have you seen this new car? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Your Focus sounds pretty cool, Jabber. I would love to have a car with a back-up camera. And all those airbags would be a nice security feature, too.

What other cars did you look at? How did you come to select the Focus?

My car is over 10 years old, but I'm not planning to get a new one in the very near future. I have less than 51,000 miles on this one, and it's all paid for. So that suits me fine at the moment. But my mother might be deciding to stop driving, and she has a fairly new Prius. I have found myself wondering whether or not I would like her car... Or at least a hybrid.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220900 - 06/13/15 10:55 PM Re: Have you seen this new car? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
My old car was 2006 Focus with less than 50,000 miles on it.
I loved it and wasn't real anxious to get a new one. But after driving this newest vehicle a few times, I really like it.
It has extra features the old one didn't have. When I take the time to figure out the photo galley here, I'll post a view of the car and you can see if you like the looks of it. Aside from the rear view camera and 7 airbags, it has a feature that works off your cell phone and you can call for help if need be or just phone home with the hands-free mechanism. It gets over 30 miles to a gallon of gas, etc.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved