The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220838 - 04/16/15 08:04 PM Millennials About to Overtake Baby Boomers
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
The last year or so, I have seen articles from demographers suggesting that we Baby Boomers are set to lose our claim to being the largest demographic group sometime this year.

I figure it only makes sense. When a large group has children, even if we only have two per couple, it's likely they will eventually overtake us - since none of us Boomers are immune to death.

So I wasn't surprised recently when a reporter from the Kansas City Star, someone who's been around NABBW long enough that he remembers Dotsie, called me to ask for my thoughts on this issue.

We had a great time talking. And he included some of my thoughts in his lengthy and well-researched article published recently.

But I didn't think he truly represented my (apparently minority) point of view. So I wrote an article about the issue for NABBW. And, to be fair, I included his article below mine.

If you'd like to read this, I'd be most appreciative. Especially since Rick (the reporter) has told me he'd like to hear some Boomer's comments about his article.

Here's my story, which I titled "Why I Can't Agree with Boomer Bashing."

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220842 - 04/22/15 08:16 PM Re: Millennials About to Overtake Baby Boomers [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Kind of tiring to hear that boomers are viewed as selfish...when who provided the millenials the toys, their own bedroom, trip to Europe after university graduation (never happened to me nor any of my friends who were from wealthier, yet middle class families), etc.?

Boomers schlepped their kids by car, to all their soccer/hockey, swimming classes/games, etc. It makes me cringe when a former manager had to wean her adult child from a car ride to her workplace which required the mother to take her lunch hr. to do this!

What the millenials might want to blame boomers...for being overprotective to their children.

No, selfish is not useful,meaning adjective. After all, who is going to pay for long term nursing care: Most likely the boomers, unless they've allowed themselves to be bankrupt by their adult children, etc.

I guess every arising generation tends to step on the heads on the former generation.

Edited by orchid (04/22/15 08:17 PM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved