The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220600 - 11/21/14 03:07 AM Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
As I found myself pulling together my Thanksgiving dinner menu earlier today, I saw an article in the New York Times featuring one specialty Thanksgiving recipe for every US state-- a treasure trove for foodies like me!

So I'm sharing the link here. But I'm actually more curious about you, my BWS friends: what is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? And would you share it here?

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a fun and easy new recipe for a Thanksgiving fruit salad. Something on the order of my Mother's all 1950's standby: apple, celery salad. I'm thinking I'd like some grapes in whatever I choose. And some sort of crunch -- like from nuts.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220602 - 11/21/14 07:42 PM Re: Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

Me again! I always make my own cranberry sauce, as you may as well. Which is why I was intrigued with this link from HellaWella.com, which offers almost two dozen delicious cranberry relish recipes.

I have to say, I am tempted to try the one with blueberries. It's such a delightful color! (No the fact that it's made with a nice Cabernet has nothing to do with it!!!)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220603 - 11/21/14 08:01 PM Re: Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We don't do recipes, just a tofurkey roast, potatoes, cranberry, and vegetables. Pretty boring.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220606 - 11/22/14 01:31 PM Re: Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
My adoptive brother, SIL, nephew and her brother go out every Thanksgiving. I do turkey dinners throughout the year, though.
That's my husband's favorite and I like catering to and spoiling him.

#220609 - 11/22/14 07:43 PM Re: Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Well I understand tradition, and the importance of it. We've tried going out for Thanksgiving dinner, but quit for several reasons:
(1) It's kind of like eating out on Mother's Day or Easter -- everyone does it, and the there's too much congestion in the restaurants. I feel like they are just herding us through as fast as possible.
(2) We've tried going to very fine restaurants, but even those end up serving a big buffet in their ballrooms, and you have to go through the lines to get your plate filled. Since Steve can't carry a plate and serve himself, this means I have to go through the line twice, and I just don't like having to do all the jostling. Even if the food is delicious, varied and plentiful.
(3) Steve likes Thanksgiving leftovers, and you don't get "doggie bags" when you go through a buffet. I always end up having to cook a turkey and trimmings the following weekend, to satisfy his desire to eat more than one turkey meal.
(4) Finally, two of the times that we've eaten out for Thanksgiving, our credit card was compromised. Once the number was stolen and used in another state. (And this happened to everyone who ate there, not just us.) The second time, the same restaurant ended up charging our card for about $1500. They somehow accidentally ran our card for three other diners. And one of those was a group of 20 who bought several bottles of expensive wine. Again, the situation got straightened out, we got our money back a week later, and the manager of that restaurant is VERY kind to us whenever we eat there ever since. (First they asked us to come back for a free meal with all the trimmings (from hors d'oeuvres to dessert), as an apology -- which we did. But ever after , whenever we show up, the manager makes sure we get extra special treatment.

But even so, I am pretty gun shy about eating out on big dining days anymore. And since i like to cook, I happily serve a nice meal at home.

Here's a fun new twist on homemade piecrust. Does anyone do that anymore? This one is called "cinnamon roll pie crust," and is made with a base of refrigerated pie crust sheets.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved